• 81(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-09-09, 18:25)cw-kid Wrote: Just crashed again the very last line entered in to the XBMC log is in reference to AS. But I don't think AS is causing the issue, not sure what is.

Below is a snippet for the song that was playing when XBMC bombed out and restarted. The Lyrics add-on reported it found lyrics for this track OK.

Code:
19:40:53 T:139784911566592   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] playing file is musicdb://recentlyplayedalbums/1569/85972.mp3?albumid=1569 - Chvrches - The Mother We Share

That debug line just helps me make sure AS knows what file is playing. It loops pretty frequently, so the fact that it's the last thing in the log doesn't really mean much of anything.

Quote:Seems to be happening more often and with various different albums. There are lots of these errors in the log:

ERROR: Control 110 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Not sure what is related to AS and what isn't.

AS doesn't create, access, or manipulate any controls, so I'm pretty sure that error about control 110 is not related to AS.

The only thing I can really suggest at this point is to start disabling things one at a time and see if the problem goes away. Alternatively, you could disable all your add-ons/skins and add things back one at a time.
Thumbs Up 
(2014-08-10, 17:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 22:58)jo26 Wrote: Hello, I have a problem with this add-on. When I choose "English" for "Preferred language for Artist Information", I have ONLY english information. So, for a french artist who doesn't have any english bio, I have no information. And when I choose "french", I have only informations when a french bio exists.
What I would like to have is a french bio when possible I am french), and the english one when it exists ans the french doesn't.
Is it possible ? I have Gotham installed whith confluence skin and Artist Slideshow 1.6.5.
I am nearly sure it was OK with xbmc 12

AS definitely doesn't do language fallback, and I don't think I've changed that code in any substantial way recently. I do see a way to use English as the fallback. I just need to think about whether to make that the default behavior or an option in the settings. If anyone else has thoughts about this, I'd be happy o hear them.

Hi Pkscout

I like the idea of using English as the fallback in an options in the settings.
This is a very good idea! Nod
I'm waiting for these modifications. Big Grin

Thanks again for the fantastic work..
(2014-09-10, 04:21)pkscout Wrote: The only thing I can really suggest at this point is to start disabling things one at a time and see if the problem goes away. Alternatively, you could disable all your add-ons/skins and add things back one at a time.

Hi thanks for the suggestions. I can't disable AS or the Lyrics add-ons as it says Aeon MQ5 requires them. I just switched back to the default XBMC skin as a test and played an entire album with no issues. So not sure where the problems lie.

EDIT: Switched back to Aeon MQ5 and it played two tracks from the same album and then XBMC bombed out again.

I have just rolled back the CU LRC Lyrics add-on to v 2.0.9 see if that makes any difference? Pretty sure its not AS as I've been on this current version of AS for ages without problems.

Post on the CU LRC Lyrics thread here

Cheers
I tried to create a account on fanart.tv like it's recommendet here.

But I'm unable to create a new account... I tried with 3 different email adress but I doesent get a password...
any Idea what happend?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-09-17, 11:30)sveni_lee Wrote: I tried to create a account on fanart.tv like it's recommendet here.

But I'm unable to create a new account... I tried with 3 different email adress but I doesent get a password...
any Idea what happend?

Sorry, no. I'm not affiliated with the fanart.tv site other than as a developer who uses their API.
Hi

I am still having issues with my HTPC crashing out and restarting XBMC sometimes (quite often) when in full screen music playback mode. Still think the CU LRC Lyrics add-on is the most likely cause or possibly related to flac files? But I am still not sure at the moment.

Looking in the log file today I see these entries related to Artist SlideShow. Are they anything to be concerned about? First one looks bad to me "script stopped".

Code:
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] unexpected error while setting property.
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] global name 'slideshow' is not defined
11:57:30 T:140266021320448  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: CPythonInvoker(17, /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py): script successfully run
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: Python script stopped

and

Code:
2:03:54 T:140266061682432   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] moving /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn to smb://WHS/Music/Poliça/extrafanart/287654fe.jpg
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: MoveFile - cant move file </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>. trying lower case </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn

Thanks
Hi,

I've just set up XBMC using the Amber skin, and I've installed Artist Slideshow.

The problem is that when I play music, I just get a blank (black) background - any pointers to whats going wrong?

Thanks
(2014-09-29, 14:02)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I am still having issues with my HTPC crashing out and restarting XBMC sometimes (quite often) when in full screen music playback mode. Still think the CU LRC Lyrics add-on is the most likely cause or possibly related to flac files? But I am still not sure at the moment.

Looking in the log file today I see these entries related to Artist SlideShow. Are they anything to be concerned about? First one looks bad to me "script stopped".

Code:
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] unexpected error while setting property.
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] global name 'slideshow' is not defined
11:57:30 T:140266021320448  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: CPythonInvoker(17, /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py): script successfully run
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: Python script stopped

and

Code:
2:03:54 T:140266061682432   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] moving /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn to smb://WHS/Music/Poliça/extrafanart/287654fe.jpg
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: MoveFile - cant move file </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>. trying lower case </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn

Thanks

The first one does seem on the surface like an issue. The second one would could be another freaking Unicode problem, as it looks like the artist has an extended character in their name. I'm headed back from a conference and will try and take a look at it this weekend.
Ok many thanks!

I am pretty sure now that its the LCD Proc add-on causing my XBMC to bomb out though.

Cheers
(2014-10-02, 21:40)archie456 Wrote: Hi,

I've just set up XBMC using the Amber skin, and I've installed Artist Slideshow.

The problem is that when I play music, I just get a blank (black) background - any pointers to whats going wrong?

Thanks

A debug log would really help. Also, please enable the debug log setting in the AS preferences.
Hi Pkscout

Here is a log file whilst playing that particular artist "Poliça".

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=309200

Kind Regards Big Grin
Hey, Kyle,

I started using the new Pandora Slim addon. What's nice is that compared to the various online radio streams, it returns artist, song title and album information. Artist Slideshow works for the first song fine, but displays a black screen instead of artist artwork for subsequent songs. If you exit and re-enter fullscreen, artwork will usually start displaying for that track fine. Also, if you click forward to the next track manually instead of waiting for the song to end, the art will usually be displayed. This is not consistent, though.

This issue could be related to the addon itself and not Artist Slideshow, but I figured I'd let you know about it. I turned on debugging in XBMC and Artist Slideshow:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=309351

The first track played is Fats Waller and the artist artwork displays normally. I let the song run to the end. The next song is by Carl Sonny Leyland Trio, who has no artwork online. I use a fallback folder for Artist Slideshow, but that doesn't display either. I exit and re-enter fullscreen and then the fallback artwork displays fine. Next, I skip forward to the next track, which is Count Basie. No artwork displays. Curiously, exiting and re-entering fullscreen doesn't make artist artwork (or fallback artwork) display, even though Count Basie has artwork available at both fanart.tv and htbackdrops.org.
Hey, Kyle,

I have another quick question/issue about Artist Slideshow. I have some artists in my collection whose names are part of other artists names, which causes additional unrelated artwork to be displayed. For instance, for Spoon, I also get artwork for Jam & Spoon and T Spoon. For Goblin, I also get Orange Goblin.

Prince is particularly bad, as it also gets me Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Pantha Du Prince, Alexandra Prince, Baby boy da Prince, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Bobby Prince and others. Basically, if I go to htbackdrops.org and search for "Prince," I can see all the different artists and artwork I also get when I play Prince. It appears that the fanart.tv artwork is only for Prince, not the other artists.

I remember that Artist Slideshow uses MusicBrainz to figure out the correct artist. When I click on an artist picture at htbackdrops.org, I see that the site uses a MusicBrainz ID. Is there any way to avoid this issue, aside from disabling htbackdrops.org?

Don't get me wrong, Artist Slideshow is awesome and I really appreciate it! This minor bug is still slightly annoying, though, so I figured I'd see if you knew about it.

Thanks again for all your time and effort!
Hey, Kyle,

I just updated and it look like the latest version of Pandora Slim has resolved the issues I was seeing with Artist Slideshow!

So, um, never mind...

Smile

Edit: I spoke too soon! Intermittent, but the issue still exists with the latest version, need to exit and re-enter vis to get the artist artwork to show.
Htbackdrops added musicbrainz support relatively recently, and I haven't had a chance to look at changing things. My one concern is that if I do change this then a musicbrainz Id becomes an absolute requirement to get any artwork.

I'll take a look at your other issue this weekend.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5