Eden - scraper no longer works using yyyy-mm-dd
Hi.

No idea if anything can be done about this but I have noticed that since upgrading to Eden the TV scraper no longer correctly scrapes files I have in my library as [showname] yyyy-mm-dd - description.

So like Conan 2012-03-05 - Zac Efron.mp4

They don't show up in the library or under files any more either other than as a folder for the show with nothing in it.

I found it easier to rename these by date rather than trying to work out the series and episode number for each one - it used to work in Dharma, just not any more.

Thanks,
Mark
"or under files any more either".

That's your problem. Fix that first. A debug log will probably tell you whether the scanner sees them or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-07, 01:08)mgk69 Wrote: Hi.

No idea if anything can be done about this but I have noticed that since upgrading to Eden the TV scraper no longer correctly scrapes files I have in my library as [showname] yyyy-mm-dd - description.

So like Conan 2012-03-05 - Zac Efron.mp4

They don't show up in the library or under files any more either other than as a folder for the show with nothing in it.

Working on my new program over in the suplimental tools section (hydraulic) I ran into this issue also what I've been doing is using a regex to seperate teh date from the show name, and then use that to look up season and episode information at tvdb, when a match is found I'm renaming the file to SxxExx format. then the scraper appears to find them just fine.

The relevant section of code I'm using is below. It's in C# but probably could be ported to any other language easily.
Code:
string daily_shows = @"^((?<series_name>.+?)[. _-]+)?((?<season_num>\d\d\d\d).+?)?((?<ep_num>\d\d.\d\d).+?)";
                        regexStandard = new Regex(daily_shows, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
                        Match episode3 = regexStandard.Match(titles[title_index].InnerText);
                        var Showname1 = episode3.Groups["series_name"].Value;
                        var Season1 = episode3.Groups["season_num"].Value;
                        var Episode1 = episode3.Groups["ep_num"].Value;
                        XmlDocument tvdb_search2 = new XmlDocument();
                        string first_aired = Season1 + "-" + Episode1.Replace('.', '-').Replace(' ', '-');    
                        for (int scrape = 0; scrape < tvdb_ids.Count; scrape++)
                        {
                            try
                            {
                                tvdb_search2.Load(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory().ToString() + "\\scrub_info\\" + "temp_scrape" + scrape.ToString());
                                XmlNodeList tvdb_fa = tvdb_search2.GetElementsByTagName("FirstAired");
                                XmlNodeList tvdb_season = tvdb_search2.GetElementsByTagName("SeasonNumber");
                                XmlNodeList tvdb_episode = tvdb_search2.GetElementsByTagName("EpisodeNumber");
                                for (int scrape2 = 0; scrape2 < tvdb_fa.Count; scrape2++)
                                {
                                    if (tvdb_fa[scrape2].InnerText == first_aired)
                                    {
                                        Season = tvdb_season[scrape2].InnerText;
                                        Episode = tvdb_episode[scrape2].InnerText;
                                        Showname = tvdb_titles[scrape].InnerText;
                                        foundmatch = true;
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                            catch
                            {
                                Log_File.WriteLine("tvdb lookup failed");
                            }
This suddenly works again - I don't know if I did anything or it just got over some glitch it had hit? I think I just did a library clean and then a rescan and it picked them up.

Thanks for the comments.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden - scraper no longer works using yyyy-mm-dd0