My review of the SMKLINK Mini Keyboard/Touchpad

http://amzn.com/B005BZNE2U

Got it at my local Frys for $69.99. About $15 cheaper at Amazon.

Pros:
Love the design. Ergonomicaly, it just fits my hands. Small keyboard is bigger than a smartphone keyboard, and it has all the keys. The arrow pad is great in XBMC, and the mouse buttons on the top side are perfectly placed for me.

When I plugged it in, it worked immediately. Came with batteries, too.

Cons:
When I set it aside for a while, it seems to go to sleep. Takes a few seconds of button presses and/or clicks to 'wake' it up.

At times, it seems to lag and get choppy. Like there is a lot of communication dropouts. This is very frustrating. Especially when other times, it works flawlessly. I tried switching USB ports, and all is fine for a while, then it gets groggy again.

Final impression: if it always worked as well as it 'sometimes' does, it would be at my side all the time. Really love the design. But the sleepy times are making me take it back. I ordered a Logitech keyboard/touchpad combo. Much larger than this unit, but really good amazon reviews.

My recommendation is to avoid this unit until they work out some bugs in the communications.

Michael
Thanks for the review..

I saw this remote a FRY's last week and was debating picking one up to replace my DinovoMINI keypad. But it seems like your experiencing some of the same issues I'm having with the Dinovo. Some XBMC folks seem to have great success with a few of the MCE remotes... You can turn your HTPC on/off and all kinds of other kool stuff.

....Good luck if you decide to keep this one!
Thanks
good review, you experienced the same issues as i did with my Rii Mini's...

hopefully, the 'real' Rii Mini, called the UNISEN iPAzzPort will work without issues.

im still waiting for it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My review of the SMKLINK Mini Keyboard/Touchpad0