Kindle Touch Wifi XBMC WEBControl and more
After receiving a Kindle Touch Wifi as a gift, I thought it would be cool to have it control XBMC. I do have other tablets which I created an interface for, however I thought since a lot of people have Kindles why not create a lil interface for it and share. So after a few hours of coding I designed a bit more than I initially planned. I will post the Kindle Web control but it wont be complete with Home automation tidbits.

So here it is

Main Page to Control and View

XBMC Control

Plasma Control

Weather View

Security Camera Views

Let me know if anyone is interested in the Kindle XBMC Web Control ONLY or if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you guys and hope to have the file posted up soon.
Yes please, my wife has a fire, right now I have one xbmc unit upstairs and another downstairs, I use the Rii mini keyboard to control, but only have 1, so it is constantly remembering to grab it when going up or down, this app would be AWESOME!!! Shocked
DownStairs = Dell Vostro 200 /Core2Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz /5Gb DDR2 Memory /500Gb Sata Hard Drive /Two 2TB Iomega External HD's /Radeon HD2400 Pro with HDMI /XBMC Eden Beta 3 with HD Audio /Onkyo Tx-SR705 7.1 Surround /Samsung PN59D7000 /Harmony One Remote.
Upstairs = Zotac Zbox ID-11/Windows 7/XBMC Eden Beta 3 with HD Audio /1TB External HD /Samsung 32" 1080i.
I got around to working on this again. You can essentially use this remote addon one or for as many xbmc media stations you have in your setup. All you would have to do is install the addon on each and bookmark each xbmc media station through your tablets browser naming each separately like XBMC-Living Room etc.

Cleaned up the code and icons a lil before I made a release. I hope that everyone enjoys it, this is the release version 1 for those who want to control XBMC with a KINDLE TOUCH or any wifi tablet with a resolution of 600x800.

Controller Page

Its and Add on so you will have to install it from zip. Once installed check enabled add-ons then web interface you should see the Kindle Add-on
Check to see the addon installed correctly

From there goto to system settings and then network settings service tab you should see web interface , a popup that should have the Kindle Icon make sure to allow control of xbmc via http selected.

Network services settings

Now you should be able to goto the iP of you XBMC Media Center from the Kindle and you should get a controller...ENJOY!!

ZIP FILE OF ADD-ON
http://www.mediafire.com/?wds2ehyd2hq1vsa

Oh and if anyone wants I have another version of this that combined with EventGhost can control other things like your amp tv but you need to use EventGhost. If your devices are serial rs232 you will need com ports on your pc and a few cables. If you have IR device you will need to have IR transmitter of some kind. You will need to be comfortable using Eventghost and editing a couple of lines of html
Thank you very much will give this a shot Big Grin
DownStairs = Dell Vostro 200 /Core2Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz /5Gb DDR2 Memory /500Gb Sata Hard Drive /Two 2TB Iomega External HD's /Radeon HD2400 Pro with HDMI /XBMC Eden Beta 3 with HD Audio /Onkyo Tx-SR705 7.1 Surround /Samsung PN59D7000 /Harmony One Remote.
Upstairs = Zotac Zbox ID-11/Windows 7/XBMC Eden Beta 3 with HD Audio /1TB External HD /Samsung 32" 1080i.
(2012-03-11, 00:35)XMBC_FREAK Wrote: I got around to working on this again. You can essentially use this remote addon one or for as many xbmc media stations you have in your setup. All you would have to do is install the addon on each and bookmark each xbmc media station through your tablets browser naming each separately like XBMC-Living Room etc.

Cleaned up the code and icons a lil before I made a release. I hope that everyone enjoys it, this is the release version 1 for those who want to control XBMC with a KINDLE TOUCH or any wifi tablet with a resolution of 600x800.

Controller Page

Its and Add on so you will have to install it from zip. Once installed check enabled add-ons then web interface you should see the Kindle Add-on
Check to see the addon installed correctly

From there goto to system settings and then network settings service tab you should see web interface , a popup that should have the Kindle Icon make sure to allow control of xbmc via http selected.

Network services settings

Now you should be able to goto the iP of you XBMC Media Center from the Kindle and you should get a controller...ENJOY!!

ZIP FILE OF ADD-ON
http://www.mediafire.com/?wds2ehyd2hq1vsa

Oh and if anyone wants I have another version of this that combined with EventGhost can control other things like your amp tv but you need to use EventGhost. If your devices are serial rs232 you will need com ports on your pc and a few cables. If you have IR device you will need to have IR transmitter of some kind. You will need to be comfortable using Eventghost and editing a couple of lines of html

your link is not working!
Its currently down, it took you a month to get back to the thread, but I will post a new link asap

Heres the LINK to the Kindle Version 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?rvsr4dfu0y4r1s1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kindle Touch Wifi XBMC WEBControl and more0