Please Help.....
Question 
I have two questions:
When I click on below button a window appears(MyMusicNav.xml) which displays all songs from library in list view mode, how can I tell to display those songs in thumbnails mode?

<control type="button" >
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Songs,return)</onclick>
</control>

what is meant by this label:
<label>-</label>
There is no text in middle just a - .

Thank You for Help.
1) try chaining the 2 commands together
PHP Code:
<control type="button" >
  <
onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Songs,return)</onclick>
  <
onclick>Container.SetViewMode(view id in here)</onclick>
</
control

2) a - basically cancels out the default and makes it empty
eg: if you havein defaults.xml somthing like <label>this is text</label> then using <label>-</label> will make it show nothing
Sad 
Thanks for help but, I did not understand !!Huh
I have a button on Home.xml
<control type="button" id="1">
<posx>200</posx>
<posy>300</posy>
<width>200</width>
<height>100</height>
<visible>true</visible>
<label>Music view</label>
<onleft>4</onleft>
<onright>2</onright>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Songs,return)</onclick>
<onclick>Container.SetViewMode(what id is for thumbnail)</onclick>
</control>

After clicking the button MyMusicNav.xml gets opened, so this button will be dead, so can it set the view mode to another window container?

Container.SetViewMode(id) has only one argument if I will have two container on a window then to which container this statement will apply?

Lastly what is the id for Thumbnail view.

Thank You again for help.
Do this:

Code:
<control type="button">
  <onclick>SetProperty(MusicThumbnails,1,Home)</onclick>
  <onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Songs,return) </onclick>
</control>

In MyMusicNav.xml add
Code:
<onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(MusicThumbnails))>Container.SetViewMode(ID_OF_THUMBNAIL_CONTAINER)</onload>
<onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(MusicThumbnails))>ClearProperty(MusicThumbnails,Home)</onload>

Don't know how well this works, could break the window open animation.
Smile 
Thanks for reply , it seems little clumsy I am very beginner.
I will try.
I think that if you use "icons" or "big icons" (see strings for $LOCALIZE code) to name your view, XBMC will switch to it automatically.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

To be more precise:

Auto Switch to Icon Mode

XBMC tries to automatically switch to Large Icon view when the View Mode is set to Auto in the Settings. It first checks if the skin has Large Icon view, failing that switches to Icon view. If neither is available it goes for List View.
The rules are as follows:
Programs
Auto switches to Icon view when 50% of all the items (files and folder) have thumbs.
Pictures
Auto switches to Thumbs view when the list contains more than 25% files. (In the case of Pictures, all items have thumbs as they are generated upon entering the folder.)
Videos
Auto switches to Thumb view when 50% of all the items (files and folder) have thumbs.
Music
Auto switches to Thumb view when the list contains at least 75% folders and at least 50% of them have thumbs. (Remember that playlist files like m3u, pls, etc, are treated as folders by default)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu..._Icon_Mode
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There is no view mode setting in the settings, I think that's old and doesn't apply anymore or auto is default.
`Black Wrote:There is no view mode setting in the settings, I think that's old and doesn't apply anymore or auto is default.

Yes, I think auto is default setting now as XBMC is switching to grid view if available.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thumbs Up 
Only this one did the trick:
Quote:<onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(MusicThumbnails))>Container.SetViewMode(ID_OF_THUMBNAIL_CONTAINER)</onload>

Thank You Black & pecinko for helping ...

But why did you check the condition:
!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(MusicThu mbnails)) ?
You can remove the property stuff if you always want the thumbnail view. If you i.e. have another button somewhere that opens the artist section, you maybe don't want the thumbnail view, therefore the window property.
Question 
why one will not want to display artist section in thumbnail view?:confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help.....0