• 4(current)
Atv3?
deanmv Wrote:Also, would it be advised (when a JB is out) to refrain from going to real iOS 5.0, seeing how the update to 4.4.4 used more resources outside of XBMC?

save your shsh blob, try it and then tell me the answer... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Will it be able to output 1080p? IE, can I stream my 1080p rips from my PC > to my Apple TV? Or is it still limited to 720p? Nerd
Memphiz Wrote:save your shsh blob, try it and then tell me the answer... Wink

Good call! haha
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
bboucher790 Wrote:Will it be able to output 1080p? IE, can I stream my 1080p rips from my PC > to my Apple TV? Or is it still limited to 720p? Nerd

It can output 1080P. That is basically the only upgrade.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
bboucher790 Wrote:Will it be able to output 1080p? IE, can I stream my 1080p rips from my PC > to my Apple TV? Or is it still limited to 720p? Nerd

Yes, and this is the best thing about ATV3 for me.
1080p finally.
merged and moved....let's try to keep it to one thread :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Fingers crossed for 24P output. Stuttering be gone!
acidduck Wrote:Fingers crossed for 24P output. Stuttering be gone!

Second that!!
Unfortunately, I think everyone is grasping at straws. Apple made the new aTV to stream 1080p from iTunes and that's it. They have no reason to include any other features that would just up their cost. Hence single core A5. Until you are able to stream 3D, 24p... I don't think you'll see anything new from the aTV. Hopefully the small bump in processing power will help out the skins, but that's all I'm expecting.
rbronco21 Wrote:Unfortunately, I think everyone is grasping at straws. Apple made the new aTV to stream 1080p from iTunes and that's it. They have no reason to include any other features that would just up their cost. Hence single core A5. Until you are able to stream 3D, 24p... I don't think you'll see anything new from the aTV. Hopefully the small bump in processing power will help out the skins, but that's all I'm expecting.

I agree...

We will have better performance stability for the same price. I wouldn't recommend relying on this subtle upgrade to make a fully fledged HTPC, but for £99 it will definitely be an awesome edition to connect to your server. I think i'll limit mine to 720p TV shows, and hook it up in the kitchen.
rbronco21 Wrote:Unfortunately, I think everyone is grasping at straws. Apple made the new aTV to stream 1080p from iTunes and that's it. They have no reason to include any other features that would just up their cost. Hence single core A5. Until you are able to stream 3D, 24p... I don't think you'll see anything new from the aTV. Hopefully the small bump in processing power will help out the skins, but that's all I'm expecting.

I know apple don't approve of jailbreaking etc. It happens though, whether they like it or now.

Their research department must be aware of XBMC and the amount of sales they have made because of us must be substantial? Therefore, for them to increase the retail price by say $20 a unit they could have upgraded the hardware and ended up selling a unit to every one of us this way.
idlerobbo Wrote:I know apple don't approve of jailbreaking etc. It happens though, whether they like it or now.

Their research department must be aware of XBMC and the amount of sales they have made because of us must be substantial? Therefore, for them to increase the retail price by say $20 a unit they could have upgraded the hardware and ended up selling a unit to every one of us this way.

An open source project like XBMC will never influence apple products.
idlerobbo Wrote:I know apple don't approve of jailbreaking etc. It happens though, whether they like it or now.

That's an interesting way to look at it, but the counterpoint is that they aren't making money on the hardware, they just want you to use iTunes. If they weren't so big on simple lineups, I'd suggest they make an enthusiast model and allow XBMC to access an API. Or they could even go the Boxee route.

I heard that Apple actually loose money for each unit of ATV they sell. (since ATV2).

Business model is based on what you buy once your locked in.

Apple makes their money on Apple TV via software, not hardware. iTunes is where they get your $$$. XBMC, while I'm sure they're aware it sells units, isn't a big part of their business model.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv3?0