If i update to 5.0 on my apple tv2, the jailbreak is gone right?
Really want to check out the new ui etc, but if i do update, im screwed right?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
yes i dont think there is a jailbreak for the ATV 5 yet. There is for the 5.0 on the iphone, ipad so not sure yet if this is the same thing or how different it would be.
Also you might save your blobs before you do upgrade incase you dont like the update for some reason when they do jailbreak it
iOS 5.0 for ATV2 got released today. If you upgrade, jailbreak is gone, XBMC is gone, everything non apple is. If you have blobs you could upgrade it, try the new interface, then downgrade using blobs back to 4.4.4 then rejailbreak and reinstall/setup xbmc.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Don't bother upgrading it's nothing more than a shitty UI upgrade.
Anyone know if the iOS version changed? Presumably, if it didn't change, then the existing jailbreak would work since it happens at the iOS level... not at the Apple TV Software level (updated to 5.0.0 today).
jd2157 Wrote:Anyone know if the iOS version changed? Presumably, if it didn't change, then the existing jailbreak would work since it happens at the iOS level... not at the Apple TV Software level (updated to 5.0.0 today).

Well yeah it went from 4.4.4 to 5.0. Try to run the old seasonpass on the new ipsw and see what happens if not. iOS is the apple tv software...?
Set Up
Yes hope a jailbreak coming soon
jd2157 Wrote:Anyone know if the iOS version changed? Presumably, if it didn't change, then the existing jailbreak would work since it happens at the iOS level... not at the Apple TV Software level (updated to 5.0.0 today).

deanmv Wrote:Well yeah it went from 4.4.4 to 5.0. Try to run the old seasonpass on the new ipsw and see what happens if not. iOS is the apple tv software...?

Actually you're referring to the Apple TV Software version... the iOS version went from 5.0.1 to 5.1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...n_Apple_TV

See General > Settings > About, click the select button to toggle between Apple TV Software (i.e. the app that runs on top of iOS) and the OS version (i.e. iOS).
nero12 Wrote:Yes hope a jailbreak coming soon

They already have a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 on non-A5 chips. The new atv runs iOS 5.1 but it has an A5X chip so that will be the determining factor. Might be a big obstacle or it might not... time will tell.
jd2157 Wrote:They already have a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 on non-A5 chips. The new atv runs iOS 5.1 but it has an A5X chip so that will be the determining factor. Might be a big obstacle or it might not... time will tell.

actually the ipad had the A5X the ATV3 only has the A5 the same chip in the iphone 4S. which is already jailbroken so it should be pretty quick we see ATV3 jailbroken running XBMC
jd2157 Wrote:They already have a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 on non-A5 chips. The new atv runs iOS 5.1 but it has an A5X chip so that will be the determining factor. Might be a big obstacle or it might not... time will tell.

The new atv only runs and A5 not the A5X.

jd2157 Wrote:Actually you're referring to the Apple TV Software version... the iOS version went from 5.0.1 to 5.1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version...n_Apple_TV

See General > Settings > About, click the select button to toggle between Apple TV Software (i.e. the app that runs on top of iOS) and the OS version (i.e. iOS).

Ahhh! Got ya. Seems I've been proven wrong again :p
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:iOS 5.0 for ATV2 got released today. If you upgrade, jailbreak is gone, XBMC is gone, everything non apple is. If you have blobs you could upgrade it, try the new interface, then downgrade using blobs back to 4.4.4 then rejailbreak and reinstall/setup xbmc.

Hey little question I use Tiny umbrella to get my blobs of my apple tv 4.4.4 but when i go to restore it off iTunes it gives me the error 3194 Cause i think iTunes doesn't sign that version anymore what should i do
While I haven't tried, I'd be surprised that Apple stopped signing 4.4.4 so quickly - they usually sign the last couple of iOS versions for a while.
DLeavy Wrote:While I haven't tried, I'd be surprised that Apple stopped signing 4.4.4 so quickly - they usually sign the last couple of iOS versions for a while.

So y do i get a 3194 error I updated to the latest itunes and still error Tried Tss Server with Tinyumbrella and get a 11 error....:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

Look what i found http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7233
matt2291 Wrote:So y do i get a 3194 error I updated to the latest itunes and still error Tried Tss Server with Tinyumbrella and get a 11 error....:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

If you were using Tinyumbrella, did you change the setting under Advanced in Tinyumbrella that says "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit (If you need a clean restore from Apple uncheck this box)"?

If that box is checked, it will attempt to use Cydia for signing the ipsw, and will fail in iTunes. Open Tinyumbrella and be sure that box is not checked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If i update to 5.0 on my apple tv2, the jailbreak is gone right?0