If i update to 5.0 on my apple tv2, the jailbreak is gone right?
crawl Wrote:If you were using Tinyumbrella, did you change the setting under Advanced in Tinyumbrella that says "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit (If you need a clean restore from Apple uncheck this box)"?

If that box is checked, it will attempt to use Cydia for signing the ipsw, and will fail in iTunes. Open Tinyumbrella and be sure that box is not checked.

Hmm true forgot that part But im trying to hack my apply tv it dosnt restore after Seas0anpass u think it will work with TinyUmbrella
damn.. I updated to 5.0 4099 and now SeasonPass won't break it (not eligdable). I still have ole old "AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw" but how to give that to iTunes to Restore? i.e. how to downgrade?
realjobe Wrote:damn.. I updated to 5.0 4099 and now SeasonPass won't break it (not eligdable). I still have ole old "AppleTV2,1_4.4.4_9A406a_SP_Restore.ipsw" but how to give that to iTunes to Restore? i.e. how to downgrade?

If you have the SHSH blobs from 4.4.4. saved in Tiny Umbrella then you can downgrade using that, if not then you are stuck as there is no jailbreak out for 5.0 at the moment.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:If you have the SHSH blobs from 4.4.4. saved in Tiny Umbrella then you can downgrade using that, if not then you are stuck as there is no jailbreak out for 5.0 at the moment.

? I have the Seas0nPass's created restore images before this 5.0 4099 thing. The question is how and with what do I restore the ATV2 with that image?
Seas0nPass can't do anything and iTunes does not have "Restore from file" option?
RealJob, I have run smack in the issue you are describing. Stupidly upgraded and now with Seas0npass, I am unable to jailbreak....keeps coming up with error of not being able to restore at the end of the jailbreak...essentially not completing the jailbreak....I am stuck with watching loads of youtube videos now because of this....hope a solution comes sooner.
Go here for this: http://forum.firecore.com/137

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If i update to 5.0 on my apple tv2, the jailbreak is gone right?0