TVHeadend not letting me in
hi,

I install XBMCbuntu, updated to the PVR build from packages.pulse-eight.net and went to configure TVHeadend and I get a log in screen.

I have tried xbmc/xbmc, the user login details, but keep getting "The server localhost:9981 requires a username & password. The server says: TVHeadend"

I did the reconfigure utility via terminal and changed the user and password but keep getting this same reply.

Am I doing something wrong??

Dave
Sorry, have no idea .. try to ask in the tvheadend forum (https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proj...end/boards)

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
1st figure out under which user the tvheadend is running;
Quote:#ps ax | grep tvheadend
You will get out such as;
Quote:2140 ? Ssl 3:55 /usr/bin/tvheadend -f -u hts -g video
32238 pts/1 R+ 0:00 grep --color=auto tvheadend
There you will see, it runs as user "hts" (-u hts)

Go into the hts config folder for that user;
Quote:cd /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/
Here are all setting stored. But also the config of the super user. You need to be root, so under ubuntu for instance;
Quote:sudo cat superuser
You will get an output like;
Quote:{
"username": "gsi095",
"password": "forgotthedamnthing"
}

Use those to get into the webadmin and do your things.
or just run:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tvheadend

you'll be asked to enter a new password.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I had a similar issue, and found this:
Quote:create a file calles "1" with following content in the ~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol/ directory
Code:
{
        "enabled": 1,
        "username": "*",
        "password": "*",
        "comment": "Default access entry",
        "prefix": "0.0.0.0/0",
        "streaming": 1,
        "dvr": 1,
        "webui": 1,
        "admin": 1,
        "id": "1"
}

source:
http://openelec.tv/forum/36-solved-bug-r...ting-users
http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/166

For some reason the ~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol/ directory had gone, so I had to create it again incl. the '1' file and it's OK now.
My silent AMD Zacate HTPC on MSI E350IA-E45, 16W@46°C when idle, 27sec cold boot
(2012-03-17, 12:59)dushmaniac Wrote: or just run:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tvheadend

you'll be asked to enter a new password.

It doesn't matter how many times I try this, it doesn't let me in. I can see the username and password in the file, so I know I'm typing it correctly.

Does it not allow my to connect from a remote host? I can't connect from localhost, it doesn't have a web browser.
Have you played with the IP address config at all? Could it be that you're connecting from a PC that doesn't have admin rights because of its IP address?

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I wonder if tvheadend defaults to localhost unless you change it... so are you connecting from the machine hosting tvheadend, or a different one?

Have a look at ~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol and see what's in there...
Yep, originally had it set to 0.0.0.0/0. I changed it to 192.168.1.0/24 just to see if it would change the outcome. I also SSHed in and used lynx to localhost:9981. It fails just the same.

Unless there's somewhere else to change it.
Try start tvheadend with -C. This will create a user account with no username/password if no user exists already. Then you can get access and create a new user.

That did it for me.
(2012-09-15, 00:20)nobleach Wrote: Yep, originally had it set to 0.0.0.0/0. I changed it to 192.168.1.0/24 just to see if it would change the outcome. I also SSHed in and used lynx to localhost:9981. It fails just the same.

I had the same problem but when i ran:

cat /home/username/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol/1

it displayed:

root@LachsMC:/home/lachs/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol# cat 1
{
"username": "xbmc",
"password": "xbmc",
"dvrallcfg": 1,
}

showing me that despite setting up my own password with the initial tvheadend config it is using xbmc/xbmc as the user/pass still...
Hope this helps...
(2013-01-07, 02:52)lachs Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 00:20)nobleach Wrote: Yep, originally had it set to 0.0.0.0/0. I changed it to 192.168.1.0/24 just to see if it would change the outcome. I also SSHed in and used lynx to localhost:9981. It fails just the same.

I had the same problem but when i ran:

cat /home/username/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol/1

it displayed:

root@LachsMC:/home/lachs/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol# cat 1
{
"username": "xbmc",
"password": "xbmc",
"dvrallcfg": 1,
}

showing me that despite setting up my own password with the initial tvheadend config it is using xbmc/xbmc as the user/pass still...
Hope this helps...

Had same problem tried xbmc/xbmc and it worked, just wanted to update this post.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Dear all,

I am a new user to Kodi but played around with XBMC for a while - never really getting it to work properly for me.

In addition to the issues above - I followed the instructions to find that the hts user wasn't in fact running tvheadend on my system. I don't know if this is a quirk of the Ubuntu setup I am using but it was using the user name set up during *buntu installation.

By using
Code:
ps ax | grep tvheadend

as suggested I accidently discovered that.

When looking through that users home directory there was the 'hts hidden file with all the settings in the subdirectories as already described. If you find your setups are not behaving it might be worthwhile checking your own home folder if you have one.

Best wishes

Martyn.
@martyn379 uninstall tvheadend completely and install it from the apt repository. I recommend using the "unstable" version, it's not really unstable but packs a ton of new features and fixes.
negge - thanks I shall try that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend not letting me in0