Req Seamless playback (will pay for development)
OK, I compiled both the official repo master branch and FernetMenta's repo's master branch.
The official branch has the black flash with stutter when the video rewinds.
FernetMenta's variant doesn't seem to have the black flash (though it did occur once or twice - I tried more than 10x), and there is a stutter when the video rewinds.

I tried the looping with playlist setting "Repeat One".
The OS is Linux Mint 17.2, on a Lenovo laptop with nVidia drivers.
The video file is h.264 in mp4 container.
I also converted the video to huffyuv in AVI with avconv and it lessened the stuttering a tiny bit (I guess because of that's an intra-only codec, so less spin-up time), but it was still very noticable.
I also tried disabling vdpau and vaapi, the effects are the same.
I did not say that it already works but you can make it work on Linux.
Right, I wasn't implying it should, just reported my initial trials and wanted to confirm.
How much effort do you think would this require to do, and where should one begin? Also, there was a fork mentioned earlier in this thread, do you know the status of that (would it worth the effort to look into it, etc.)?
Also, how much different would be to do it on Windows?
(2015-12-05, 02:11)Ignus Wrote: Also, how much different would be to do it on Windows?

Platforms are different when it comes to hw decoding. Windows has almost the same capabilities as Linux.

I just tried on my Mac with sw decoding and don't notice any stuttering with my master. Can you share a short sample that you use for your testing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seamless playback (will pay for development)0