• 12(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-09-10, 02:58)capfuturo Wrote: Now, in this 2nd post I'd like to point out the improvements Rob has brought as per DVD Extras mod v1.2.2:
  1. Support for stacked video files [CHECKED]
  2. User define 'Extras' directory name [CHECKED]
  3. Search nested directories (for both TV Shows and Movies) [CHECKED]
  4. User defined menu to show after playing an extra [CHECKED]
  5. Exclude file regular expression (please add .srt & .ass extensions to default exclusions) [CHECKED]
  6. Theme extra audio format such as wma, flac [CHECKED]
Have I missed any? I can tell this Add-on has had issues combining theme playback and Info pane since the beginning, so in that sense nothing has been broken. This is why Deano316 asks in post #132 whether this issue has been fixed or not by Rob's mod. I have identified the issues and described the different scenarios in which they seem to appear, if that could help a little getting the Add-on ironed out.

I didn't do all the testing you did with stacked videos (don't have any). But I love the improvements. Especially the option to pick which window I return to after playback. All of my crashes are definately related to theme playing. With "Play Theme" turned off everything works as expected.

I like the theme feature but if I have to leave it turned off all the time I don't see any benefit to it IMO. Maybe it would be better to remove it and possibly develop it as a separate addon, again IMO. Just something to think about.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Just to chime in with my 2 cents:

The behavior where Extras will not play and XBMC crashes if there is also a theme.mp3 in the movie folder has always been my experience. All versions of the DVDExtras add-on up to and including 1.1.2 exhibited this behavior on my setup. And removing the theme.mp3 file always allows Extras to play without issues. Until this issue is addressed, I am holding off on using theme music for movies, as the support for Extras is to me a more important feature by far. Based upon the private messages I have received and other posts I have read, it appears that no one has actually gotten this to work. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

If the theme music issue is resolved, I am in agreement with wgstarks that if possible, there should be functionality where the theme music would begin to play if you just scroll to the poster art and pause there for a user-defined amount of time, without having to go into the info screen. This would be a major 'ear candy' experience when browsing your movie library.
Hi All,

Thank you for everyones help and feedback. It seems that it is the case that the Theme part and the Extras part of DVDExtras do not work well together. I am thinking along the lines that we could remove the all the Theme support from DVDExtras and either:

1) Put it in a different script within the DVDExtras addon
2) Put it in it's own addon
3) Look at working with the TVTunes team to add movie support.

I would generally favour 3, as it means there will be a single "Themes" addon for XBMC - making it much easier for users - I find it so confusing picking between addons that appear to do the same thing.

I have had a quick look at the TVTunes thread, but at 1195 posts I really do not have the energy to look through everything to work out the history, it appears at first glance that it was originally created by "ppic" and is now maintained by "Ronie".

Deano316, you appear to be active in both threads and using both addons, I would value your opinion. Do you think the TVTunes developers would be willing to add Movie support - or accept changes from some-one else to support it?

Also as you have both addons, I would be very interested to here if you see any problems when using TVTunes with the DVDExtras (non-theme part) addon? i.e. watching TV Extras while TVTunes is playing the theme?

Again, thank you for everyones help.

Rob
Just a thought, at the moment I have the following in DialogVideoInfo.xml

Code:
<control type="button" id="101">
        <description>Extras</description>
        <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
        <label>Extras</label>
        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
        <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

So I pick up extras in TVShows, does anyone else do this? I guess this would be required to see if DVDExtras will work OK with TVTunes?

Thank, Rob
Code:
                    <control type="button" id="100">
                        <label>Extras</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
                        <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
                    </control>

^
|
That's what I've got in my (Confluence) DialogVideoInfo.xml.
Thanks Rich - Does that mean that you can't get the Info up for a TV show and see extras associated with a TV show?
Sorry Rob, this must be incredibly frustrating for you.
I was in the middle of posting a follow up to the last comment, when my Firefox froze and I had to restart the system twice. I then had to deal with something elsewhere. I'm can't do any real testing atm.

Firefox resumed with my unfinished comment in the entry window, as I left it.

I completed it; as below:
Quote:
(2013-09-10, 07:34)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

Thank you for everyones help and feedback. It seems that it is the case that the Theme part and the Extras part of DVDExtras do not work well together. I am thinking along the lines that we could remove the all the Theme support from DVDExtras and either:

1) Put it in a different script within the DVDExtras addon
2) Put it in it's own addon
3) Look at working with the TVTunes team to add movie support.

I would generally favour 3, as it means there will be a single "Themes" addon for XBMC - making it much easier for users - I find it so confusing picking between addons that appear to do the same thing.

That's exactly what went through my mind when I read your questions about this yesterday and I was planning to post a comment along the same lines, if not almost identical to this one, this morning!

I was thinking along the lines of options 2 and 3, personally favouring option 3.

What might be a good temporary option would be to excise the code for "MovieTunes", get it working as a temporary, stand-alone add-on (if you/we can) and then concentrate our efforts on the "Extras" part.

(2013-09-10, 07:34)rob_webset Wrote: I have had a quick look at the TVTunes thread, but at 1195 posts I really do not have the energy to look through everything to work out the history, it appears at first glance that it was originally created by "ppic" and is now maintained by "Ronie".

Deano316, you appear to be active in both threads and using both addons, I would value your opinion. Do you think the TVTunes developers would be willing to add Movie support - or accept changes from some-one else to support it?

Also as you have both addons, I would be very interested to here if you see any problems when using TVTunes with the DVDExtras (non-theme part) addon? i.e. watching TV Extras while TVTunes is playing the theme?

Again, thank you for everyones help.

Rob

Yes, I think the support of Deano316 would be invaluable at this point and maybe he could give us a quick, potted history of his interactions around TVTunes when he checks in on this thread.

Also: I'm no coder, but I can't personally think of any reason why TVTunes' source couldn't be modified very simply to cover other video subgroups. Am I being naive here?

I'm of the opinion that brentosmith put the feature in simply because he wanted it and it didn't exist elsewhere. We should carry on regardless for the moment.
(2013-09-10, 08:05)rob_webset Wrote: Attached is a single file to patch the 1.2.2 version - there is an outside chance it will fix the theme causing the crash! When you get a minute it would be good to try it out.
Thank, Rob

Good afternoon Rob,

Thanks for this new patch. It seems to work, however not 100%. We are closer though.

Report as follows:
Configuration pane: 'play theme' option:on;'return to Info pane' after playing extra: on
Trying to play extras from a list of 5 extras with theme.mp3 playing in the background

I) For non-stacked video files with music theme [Full debug Log here]
  1. Playback of each one of the 'Extras': PARTIAL SUCCESS (only video with no audio.)
  2. 'Info' pane access: SUCCESS (for both, before selecting 'Extras' list and when the playback of the extra has been stopped)
II) For stacked video files with music theme: [Full debug log here]
Nothing has changed; Same behaviour indicated on item A) II) in post #164

So, in few words, this patch has fixed 2 of the issues listed on post #164 (item 1.: XBMC crashes & quits – item 2. XBMC quits to library view with theme playback on the background). The audio issue mentioned on item 3. is still pending.

I can see, on one hand, that the Mod allows the 'Extras' from stacked video files to play perfectly (audio & Video) without crashes, lags or weird behaviours, however there is no theme playback and the 'Info' pane is being skipped and replaced by the 'Extras' list instead. On the other hand, we have the 'Extras' from the single video files missing the audio component when in playback, however the theme tracks play OK. So, one does what the other doesn't and one has issues where the other doesn't. Do you see my point? ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-09-10, 17:06)capfuturo Wrote: I) For non-stacked video files with music theme [Full debug Log here]
  1. Playback of each one of the 'Extras': PARTIAL SUCCESS (only video with no audio.)
  2. 'Info' pane access: SUCCESS (for both, before selecting 'Extras' list and when the playback of the extra has been stopped)

Looking at the log, it appears to be a bit of a timing issue - the Theme code is starting to fade out the Theme.mp3 - but it never finishes, this means that (I think) xbmc will be left at whatever volume the fade reached. (And not raised to the normal volume again)

If my theory is correct, then when you play an extra and it doesn't seem to have any audio - MAYBE raising the volume on xbmc manually will yield results?

I have sent you another couple of patches - hope that's OK!

(2013-09-10, 17:06)capfuturo Wrote: II) For stacked video files with music theme: [Full debug log here]
Nothing has changed; Same behaviour indicated on item A) II) in post #164

I believe that this may be something to do with the Skin - can I ask which you are using? I am running confluence - The reason I think it MAY be the skin (or the onLoad operations on it) is that the code that I have changed would need to be invoked by the click of the Extras Button - it shouldn't do anything based off of the loading of the "Information Screen".
(2013-09-10, 17:59)rob_webset Wrote: Looking at the log, it appears to be a bit of a timing issue - the Theme code is starting to fade out the Theme.mp3 - but it never finishes, this means that (I think) xbmc will be left at whatever volume the fade reached. (And not raised to the normal volume again)

If my theory is correct, then when you play an extra and it doesn't seem to have any audio - MAYBE raising the volume on xbmc manually will yield results?

Indeed, as you say it is:

Under normal video playing conditions the audio levels are:
Volume: 0.0 dB
Volume amplification: 0.0 db

When playing 'Extras' of non-stacked video files the audio levels go down almost all the way (-60.0 dB) immediately after leaving the 'Info' heading for the extras playback; however volume levels go back to normal as soon as the playback of the extra is stopped and one is taken back to 'Info' pane (in this case):
Volume: -59.4 dB
Volume amplification stays in 0.0 dB

Obs: I found out that if one selects an artist name (actors or director) whilst on 'Info' pane, select the movie it links to, then 'Info' pane returns with no audio, and if one starts the playback of the main movie right from the 'Info' pane it will come up silent. If one repeats this, then 'Info' returns with audio. However if one does it a third time, the volume of the whole XBMC shuts down, even the remote and mouse clicks go silent.

(2013-09-10, 17:59)rob_webset Wrote: I believe that this may be something to do with the Skin - can I ask which you are using? I am running confluence - The reason I think it MAY be the skin (or the onLoad operations on it) is that the code that I have changed would need to be invoked by the click of the Extras Button - it shouldn't do anything based off of the loading of the "Information Screen".
I am using Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Information 
A summary containing some useful information:
(Updated for version 1.2.3)

Previously installed zip packages i.e. script.dvdextras-1.1.2.zip can be found in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\

A script.dvdextras folder containing your currently configured settings.xml file can be found in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\

The advancedsettings.xml file lives in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

The file should contain:
Code:
<advancedsettings>

<video>

<excludefromscan>

<regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</excludefromscan>

<excludetvshowsfromscan>

<regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</excludetvshowsfromscan>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

The currently installed script.dvdextras folder, containing the add-on's components lives in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

To add an [Extras] button to the Confluence skin, edit DialogVideoInfo.xml in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
  • Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\

The group of buttons you are looking for are defined after the line containing <control type="grouplist" id="9000">.
Paste the following:
Code:
    <label>Extras</label>
    <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>
after this section:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="8">
    <description>Play/browse to Show</description>
    <label>208</label>
    <alttexturefocus border="2">button-focus.png</alttexturefocus>
    <alttexturenofocus border="2">button-nofocus.png</alttexturenofocus>
    <altlabel>1024</altlabel>
    <usealttexture>Container.Content(TVShows)</usealttexture>
</control>
and save.

To add an [Extras] button to the Aeon Nox skin, edit DialogVideoInfo.xml in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i/
  • Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\

The group of buttons you are looking for are defined after the line containing <control type="grouplist" id="5000">.
Paste the following:
Code:
    <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
    <label>Extras</label>
</control>
after this section:
Code:
<control type="button" id="8">
    <label>$LOCALIZE[208]</label>
</control>
and save.

To ensure that the movie tunes functionality works, edit DialogVideoInfo.xml in:
  • Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/<skin folder>/<sub-folder>/
  • Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\<skin folder>\<sub-folder>\

Paste the following:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>
at the start or the file, so it looks something like this:
(example given for Confluence skin)
Code:
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
    <onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(FileBrowser)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="1100,0" end="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="1100,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowClose</animation>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>180</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1100</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <texture border="15,0,0,0" flipx="true">MediaBladeSub.png</texture>
            </control>
...etc...
and save.

N.B. Remember to create a backup of any file before altering it i.e. DialogVideoInfo.xml.old.

For anyone who wants to add to or alter this summary; here's the BBCode source for this post (not PHP):
PHP Code:
[b][size=large]A summary containing some useful information:[/size][/b]
[
size=small][b](Updated for version 1.2.3)[/b][/size]

Previously installed zip packages i.e. [b]script.dvdextras-1.1.2.zip[/bcan be found in:
[list][*]
Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/packages/[/i]
[*]
Windows 7: [i]C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\[/i][/list]

[b]script.dvdextras[/bfolder containing your currently configured [b]settings.xml[/bfile can be found in:
[list][*]
Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/[/i]
[*]
Windows 7: [i]C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\[/i][/list]

The [b]advancedsettings.xml[/bfile lives in:
[list][*]
Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/[/i]
[*]
Windows 7: [i]C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\[/i][/list]

The file should contain:
[
code]
<
advancedsettings>

<
video>

<
excludefromscan>

<
regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<
regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</
excludefromscan>

<
excludetvshowsfromscan>

<
regexp>-extras-</regexp>

<
regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>

</
excludetvshowsfromscan>

</
video>

</
advancedsettings>

[/
code]

The currently installed [b]script.dvdextras[/bfoldercontaining the add-on's components lives in:
[list][*]Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/[/i]
[*]Windows 7: [i]C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\[/i][/list]

To add an [b][Extras][/b] button to the [i]Confluence[/i] skin, edit [b]DialogVideoInfo.xml[/b] in:
[list][*]Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/[/i]
[*]Windows 7: [i]C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\[/i][/list]

The group of buttons you are looking for are defined after the line containing [b]<control type="grouplist" id="9000">[/b].
Paste the following:
[code]
<control type="button" id="101">
    <label>Extras</label>
    <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>
[/code]
after this section:
[code]
<control type="togglebutton" id="8">
    <description>Play/browse to Show</description>
    <label>208</label>
    <alttexturefocus border="2">button-focus.png</alttexturefocus>
    <alttexturenofocus border="2">button-nofocus.png</alttexturenofocus>
    <altlabel>1024</altlabel>
    <usealttexture>Container.Content(TVShows)</usealttexture>
</control>
[/code]
and save.

To add an [b][Extras][/b] button to the [i]Aeon Nox[/i] skin, edit [b]DialogVideoInfo.xml[/b] in:
[list][*]Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i/[/i]
[*]Windows 7: [i]C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\[/i][/list]

The group of buttons you are looking for are defined after the line containing [b]<control type="grouplist" id="5000">[/b].
Paste the following:
[code]
<control type="button" id="101">
    <label>Extras</label>
    <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>
[/code]
after this section:
[code]
<control type="button" id="8">
    <label>$LOCALIZE[208]</label>
</control>
[/code]
and save.

To ensure that the movie tunes functionality works, edit [b]DialogVideoInfo.xml[/b] in:
[list][*]Ubuntu Linux: [i]/home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/<skin folder>/<sub-folder>/[/i]
[*]Windows 7: [i]C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\<skin folder>\<sub-folder>\[/i][/list]

Paste the following:
[code]
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>
[/code]
at the start or the file, so it looks something like this:
[size=small](example given for Confluence skin)[/size]
[code]
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
    <onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(FileBrowser)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="1100,0" end="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="1100,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowClose</animation>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>180</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1100</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <texture border="15,0,0,0" flipx="true">MediaBladeSub.png</texture>
            </control>
...etc...
[/code]
and save.

[size=large]N.B. Remember to create a backup of any file before altering it i.e. [i]DialogVideoInfo.xml.old[/i].[/size] 
(2013-09-10, 08:05)rob_webset Wrote: Just a thought, at the moment I have the following in DialogVideoInfo.xml

Code:
        <label>Extras</label>
</control>

So I pick up extras in TVShows, does anyone else do this? I guess this would be required to see if DVDExtras will work OK with TVTunes?

Thank, Rob

Yes, I pick up the extras in TV shows, no problem there. (v1.2.2)
Rich, I think what Rob was trying to ask above was that you should change the line:

Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>

to read:

Code:

in order to get Extras to show up at the root level of TV Series. This is very helpful if you have Extras that are not specific to one season but relate to the entire TV Series. I have changed my DialogVideoInfo.xml file to add this code which was originally suggested by Nitroburner77 in post #86 and I recommend that any future version of this guide include this code.
Good night Rich T. & MacApex,

I believe these exchange of information is quite important. I have also seen along the thread various tips and pieces of code truly necessary in order to have DVDExtras working properly. The new mods by Rob are becoming references as well. I hope all this makes its way into the newly-born WiKi sooner or later for all of us and specially for helping the new users.

Some good updates: I tested a new patch a few hours ago and seems Rob has found a way to have DVDExtras fully working (video and audio) with no issues at all for non-stacked video files!!! Things are getting sweeter :-)

He should get back to us with further news tomorrow.
Best,

capfuturo

(2013-09-11, 03:43)MacApex Wrote: Rich, I think what Rob was trying to ask above was that you should change the line:

Code:

to read:

Code:

in order to get Extras to show up at the root level of TV Series. This is very helpful if you have Extras that are not specific to one season but relate to the entire TV Series. I have changed my DialogVideoInfo.xml file to add this code which was originally suggested by Nitroburner77 in post #86 and I recommend that any future version of this guide include this code.

I was going to make this change on mine but it's completely different. Not sure what to change?
Code:
                        <label>Play Theme</label>
                        <onclick>PlayMedia()</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="100">
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31020]</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$ESCINFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
</control>
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8