• 3(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
@seeebek - Thats a good point I still call everything DVD extras even for Blu-ray. I uploaded a new version with that change. I guess I should figure out how to get this in a repository so the updates are easier.

@Deano316 - I've seen all the work you've done and will admit that it looks pretty cool. However, the artwork and music haven't been a big deal to me so the extra work that was required wasn't worth it. Just my personal opinion and I understand why a lot of people love it. I'm not that familiar with how you have the music working, but couldn't you just add theme.mp3 file to the movies folder, or does it only work for TV shows? Maybe I'm missing something else, I'll have to try playing around with the TV Tunes addon.
(2013-03-06, 20:16)brentosmith Wrote: @Deano316 - I've seen all the work you've done and will admit that it looks pretty cool. However, the artwork and music haven't been a big deal to me so the extra work that was required wasn't worth it. Just my personal opinion and I understand why a lot of people love it. I'm not that familiar with how you have the music working, but couldn't you just add theme.mp3 file to the movies folder, or does it only work for TV shows? Maybe I'm missing something else, I'll have to try playing around with the TV Tunes addon.

Currently TVTunes only works with TV Shows. The extras I added to my system are effectively TV Shows in all but name, that's the reason the themes work like they do.
Adding support to play an mp3 file while viewing the movie info dialog seems to be pretty easy (although requires another skin change) as I got it working last night. I'm trying to get a repository created so that updating is easier. Once that is done the theme.mp3 support will be avialble.
(2013-03-07, 19:50)brentosmith Wrote: Adding support to play an mp3 file while viewing the movie info dialog seems to be pretty easy (although requires another skin change) as I got it working last night. I'm trying to get a repository created so that updating is easier. Once that is done the theme.mp3 support will be avialble.

Excellent work bro Cool Looking forward to giving this a go
I have updated the addon to support theme music and created a repository so future updates are easier. Download the repo.

To enable the theme music just add these two lines to your DialogVideoInfo.xml file towards the top inside of the <window> tag. It was designed to not interfere with TvTunes so it will only play music when viewing movies (hence the Container.Content(movies) tag).

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath],start_theme)</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,stop_theme)</onunload>

You can find the comlete setup instructions here
brentosmith,
could you add a feature?

My personal preference is to have the button available on the Movie Info screen but also as a Home menu Submenu option that would list all Movies that have extras, thus being able to do directly to the Extra folder without going to the Movie itself.

Can you add this?

thx for the awesome addon!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-03-08, 17:25)Livin Wrote: brentosmith,
could you add a feature?

My personal preference is to have the button available on the Movie Info screen but also as a Home menu Submenu option that would list all Movies that have extras, thus being able to do directly to the Extra folder without going to the Movie itself.

Can you add this?

thx for the awesome addon!

I think it might be beneficial to have a hotkey to acces the extras (x for example). Was thinking, rather than the plain box:

how about adding some dimmed fanart there instead? Probably guilty of overcomplicating things, but its just an idea.
Looks like you've been added to Nox Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1359891
(2013-03-08, 07:26)brentosmith Wrote: I have updated the addon to support theme music and created a repository so future updates are easier. Download the repo.

To enable the theme music just add these two lines to your DialogVideoInfo.xml file towards the top inside of the <window> tag. It was designed to not interfere with TvTunes so it will only play music when viewing movies (hence the Container.Content(movies) tag).

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath],start_theme)</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,stop_theme)</onunload>

You can find the comlete setup instructions here

I could be doing something wrong here, but the theme seems to be breaking it for me at the moment. Without adding the above code, everything works fine. Add the code, the theme plays but the extras won't Confused I've added it as instructed (inside of the windows tag) I'm sure it's just a character I'm missing or something. Any ideas?

Edit: Play All works but the individual extras will not play, I just get kicked out of the info screen.
I might have broken something. I accidentally deleted the theme changes yesterday and when I rewrote them I didn't test the video playing part. I'll take a look after I get home from work.
(2013-03-08, 21:43)brentosmith Wrote: I might have broken something. I accidentally deleted the theme changes yesterday and when I rewrote them I didn't test the video playing part. I'll take a look after I get home from work.

Excellent work my man, I am a convert Big Grin By the way you seem to have indirectly created TVTunes for movies Cool
Sorry, I did break the video playing...teach me for not testing my changes. Anyway, a new version is out to fix that problem and playing theme music is now a configurable option (default to true).

I'll look into the other suggestions posted so far, but from my limited knowledge of how xbmc is put together that will be significantly more work. So don't exect anything anytime soon. I love here about improvements though so keep em coming.
(2013-03-09, 03:36)brentosmith Wrote: Sorry, I did break the video playing...teach me for not testing my changes. Anyway, a new version is out to fix that problem and playing theme music is now a configurable option (default to true).

I'll look into the other suggestions posted so far, but from my limited knowledge of how xbmc is put together that will be significantly more work. So don't exect anything anytime soon. I love here about improvements though so keep em coming.

That did the trick Big Grin Just wondering, I like to keep the extras in order so for example they are named 01 - one, 02 - two etc. Is there a way to have the add-on drop the prefix, or maybe a naming convention that would facilitate this? I'm using the extras folder method.
Support added. Just prefix the file with brackets containing text you wish to sort on. So you could do something like this to get this sort order.

[0]Xtra footage.mkv
[1]Behind the scenes.mkv
[anything can go here]Awesome Stuff.mkv
Deleted Scenes.mkv

The bracket portion won't show up in the UI, it's just used to sort. If you don't have brackets it will just use the display name as before.
(2013-03-09, 09:04)brentosmith Wrote: Support added. Just prefix the file with brackets containing text you wish to sort on. So you could do something like this to get this sort order.

[0]Xtra footage.mkv
[1]Behind the scenes.mkv
[anything can go here]Awesome Stuff.mkv
Deleted Scenes.mkv

The bracket portion won't show up in the UI, it's just used to sort. If you don't have brackets it will just use the display name as before.

Awesome, this has really added massively to my setup. Cool
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8