Picture in Picture
Hi,

i would love to see a feature like Picture in Picture in the next Release.

It would be really handy to see two channels at a time or watch a movie while having an eye on your security cameras at the front door (for the pizza guy Wink).

It's just a suggestions.

I know this topic pops out every year. I hope it will get some attention with the next release. I think it would fit really got to the planned live tv features.

Thanks so far

greetz

regnets
How would this be useful to those NOT using the PVR branch?
Non-PVR use case: Ability to watch a movie (e.g. mkv file) in full-screen, whilst simultaneously monitoring a real-time stream (e.g. rtsp) that is shown in a corner of the screen.

How would this manifest itself? Ideally there would be an additional "Play PIP" item item that appear when the user right clicks on a video library item.
currently there are fundamental, architectural issues (the player instance is a global) hindering this.
I actually really like this idea. Like the OP said it could be used for a webcam of your property when your expecting guests or the pizza guy. It could also be used to watch live tv and switch between that and a recording while your waiting for commercials. Or even skype someone while your watching tv.

Very cool idea, i would love to see this eventually implemented in XBMC.
Just to give another non-PVR usecase - some BluRays have picture in picture features.
Here's my usecase: kids are watching their movie and I want to monitor CNN election results in the corner.
also better have an I7, PIP means dual-decoding and most hw decoders can only handle one. So if you can hw decode, one gets that, then the other goes to ffmpeg and that means you better have the CPU ponies to handle it.
+1, I think this would be a great feature to have!
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
+1
This is one thing I'm missing in xbmc for a perfect media player.. both in pvr use, webcam check or rtsp stream Smile
Hope someone with programming skills will have a look at this!..
Information overload if you ask me... This is XBMC fullscreen with WinTV on top (WinTV is not the most stable, so I look forward to XBMC TV build someday). I supose I could do this with any video player like VLC or some cam program...

+1
I wouldn't say a Must-Have feature, but it is a Nice-to-Have feature. As long as it doesn't cripple the progress of other important things, it is nice to have it (For PVR and non-PVR purposes).
I think picture-in-picture is a nice to have feature. But Secondary Screen Apps will have a better use-case scenario. See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134944
i would love to have pip. the first use that came to my mind was a web cam over my frontdoor. would be awesome to ignore salesmen Smile
Bump, now that PVR is standard Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture in Picture0