Internet stream channel creation plugin how-to?
Smile 
Would anyone be interested in writing a how-to for adding internet streams to the channel list? Based on the demo plugin here:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...s/pvr-demo

Would probably help expand the adoption of the live tv branch to more than those with tv tuner cards.

In anycase I, as I'm sure many others, would really appreciate the how-to.
Aaron_Lloyd Wrote:Would anyone be interested in writing a how-to for adding internet streams to the channel list? Based on the demo plugin here:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...s/pvr-demo

Would probably help expand the adoption of the live tv branch to more than those with tv tuner cards.

In anycase I, as I'm sure many others, would really appreciate the how-to.

I don't think you can really add streams as channels. Looks like it is all fake, only for skinning purposes
j1nx Wrote:I don't think you can really add streams as channels. Looks like it is all fake, only for skinning purposes

That specific one is. However apparently according to Dushmaniac the same principle can be used to add internet stream channels.
yes, you can change the xml to use any internet stream or video file you like.
this add-on only compiles on linux atm, and is just a quick hack so skinners can do their jobs without pvr hardware. so don't expect a correct epg or something from an internet channel. the add-on just reads the xml file, and displays the contents as channels in the pvr gui.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I've just tried to edit the xml file and it works great!
I guess we just need an addon (or another application) to generate the xml file for the pvr-demo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet stream channel creation plugin how-to?0