Resolution settings keep changing
I set XBMC to a res of 1920x1080 using a fullscreen instead of windowed. In the past, if I used alt-tab to go back to the desktop, the desktop res would switch to 1360x768 (my desktop res). When I would click on the XBMC tab it would switch to XBMC and set the res to 1920x1080. Now it switches it to my desktop res of 1360x768 and changes the setting in XBMC. Any ideas/help? Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I didn't think XBMC could change the Windows resolution. It just runs at whatever resolution Windows is set to.

JR
In the settings section I set the resolution to 1920x1080. My desktop is set to 1360x768. When I start XBMC, the resolution changes to 1920x1080. When I exit XBMC it changes back to 1360x768. But, if I alt-tab back to the desktop, the resolution changes to 1360x768 and the setting in XBMC changes to 1360x768 instead of staying at 1920x1080. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks again.
bobrap Wrote:In the settings section I set the resolution to 1920x1080. My desktop is set to 1360x768. When I start XBMC, the resolution changes to 1920x1080. When I exit XBMC it changes back to 1360x768. But, if I alt-tab back to the desktop, the resolution changes to 1360x768 and the setting in XBMC changes to 1360x768 instead of staying at 1920x1080. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks again.

XMBC is picking up the last resolution known. Is it possible for you to just set the resolution on your desktop to 1920x1080 and be done with it?
jhusch Wrote:XBMC is picking up the last resolution known. Is it possible for you to just set the resolution on your desktop to 1920x1080 and be done with it?

Yea, I could. But with my antique eyes.... The reason I brought this up is because XBMC didn't do this before. I'm thinking it started with either the last beta or the RCs.
Guess I'm the only one with this problem so it must be something in my setup/equipment. Maybe something I'll have to live with.
bobrap Wrote:Guess I'm the only one with this problem so it must be something in my setup/equipment. Maybe something I'll have to live with.

no, when i move the windowed XBMC over to my HDTV to and hit alt-enter to get fullscreen, it just goes back to my main monitor in fullscreen, and this didn't happened in the very early versions and its making me mad!!! i have no clue how to fix this!
babayaga Wrote:no, when i move the windowed XBMC over to my HDTV to and hit alt-enter to get fullscreen, it just goes back to my main monitor in fullscreen, and this didn't happened in the very early versions and its making me mad!!! i have no clue how to fix this!

oh, fixed it, i could choose between screens in its config Tongue
(2012-03-10, 05:00)bobrap Wrote: Guess I'm the only one with this problem so it must be something in my setup/equipment. Maybe something I'll have to live with.

I have the same problem and it kills me. If I dont have the 1920x1080 resolution in XBMC it doesnt change to 24fps so I have to manually go into settings and change back to this resolution each time I have done something in windows. Did you find any solution to the problem?
I have the same problem. Any solution ?
(2012-03-24, 12:07)Jolind Wrote:
(2012-03-10, 05:00)bobrap Wrote: Guess I'm the only one with this problem so it must be something in my setup/equipment. Maybe something I'll have to live with.

I have the same problem and it kills me. If I dont have the 1920x1080 resolution in XBMC it doesnt change to 24fps so I have to manually go into settings and change back to this resolution each time I have done something in windows. Did you find any solution to the problem?

(2012-04-04, 17:30)razaqad Wrote: I have the same problem. Any solution ?

No, haven't found a solution ConfusedSad
I'm having the same problem. Seems to reset a lot when I reboot, but not always. I am using an older version of Eden from May, maybe they fixed this in the newer Frodo builds.
I have Frodo and I have the exact same issue.
Same issue on XBNCbuntu... any ideas?!
(2012-03-09, 17:34)bobrap Wrote:
jhusch Wrote:XBMC is picking up the last resolution known. Is it possible for you to just set the resolution on your desktop to 1920x1080 and be done with it?

Yea, I could. But with my antique eyes.... The reason I brought this up is because XBMC didn't do this before. I'm thinking it started with either the last beta or the RCs.

Can you just run a high resolution on the monitor and increase the DPI setting in your OS. You can also modify the size of your desktop elements to make them larger, while still maintaining a consistent display resolution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution settings keep changing0