Moving from Dharma to Eden, can I use the same DB file?
Question 
Hi everyone, tomorrow I am finally taking the plunge and moving from Dharma to Eden RC2, I was wondering if it was somehow possible to keep the DB file with all my movies and watched tags and so on? Or would I have to rescan?
If you're using sqlite, then sure, it'll upgrade itself no problem at all.

If you're using mysql, read the wiki first: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

Note in particular the Dharma to Eden bit.

Even with the above, I would strongly encourage you to export your video library to a single file/folder structure first, so you have a fallback if things turn pearshaped.

Music library shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks JMarshall!
Okay I was a little confused, I just finished installing Eden and I copied over the DB files from the the Database folder within my old XBMC installation to my new one, I dont see any of the thumbs but my movies are all there, also I am unable to set the content of my sources anymore?
you should have installed over the old one (first backing up your user folder)

if you installed in a new location, all of your old settings, thumbs, etc. are still in the old location, you need to move all of those as well
aptalca Wrote:you should have installed over the old one (first backing up your user folder)

if you installed in a new location, all of your old settings, thumbs, etc. are still in the old location, you need to move all of those as well

Did that, got all my thumbs and stuff again but I still can't change the content of a source, IE my TV Show source and my Movies Source is there, but when I hit C I don't see a set content option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from Dharma to Eden, can I use the same DB file?0