HP IR receiver with a normal remote? Possible?
I recently bought a HP IR receiver (ovu400103/00) at a thrift store for a few bucks. I bought it in hopes that I can use it with my normal tv remote. I did a little bit a google research but I am not exactly what I should be searching for.

Any help would be great.
Thanks everyone
I think this is unlikely to work without considerable hackery. However the receiver will work fine with a universal remote.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I think this is unlikely to work without considerable hackery. However the receiver will work fine with a universal remote.

JR

I should have been more clear. By "normal tv remote" I mean that it is a GE universal remote. http://www.amazon.com/GE-24116-Device-Un...105&sr=8-4 this one but grey.

where does that leave me?
You'll need to program your remote to work with the HP receiver. Does the handset have any emulations built in? If so you need to configure the handset to emulate an MCE Keyboard.

If the handset can only be programmed by by learning codes from an existing remote handset then you have a problem because you need the HP handset to teach the IR codes to your universal remote.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP IR receiver with a normal remote? Possible?0