xxx
Sounds great jps123. Keep us posted on progress!
xxx
(2012-10-11, 05:45)spencers Wrote: Yeah that BIOS is tricky! I remember it took a little bit of piddling with in order to get to boot from USB.

I left unRAID set to DHCP. I'm not sure what router you have, but I set my Airport Extreme to permanently reserve an IP address for unRAID's MAC address.

Spencers, I did the same and everytime the address was reserved in my router the server didn't show an obtained IP address. It also showed the message "no such file or directory exists" and can't find network.cfg. That combined with the fact that nothing happens when I type in the command to find the two HDD I have in there right now, prompted me to believe something must be wrong with my homemade USB stick. I used the free version to get started. I bit the bullet and bought the pre-made stick online. At least the stick won't be a variable then and I need it anyways for more disks and the cache feature.

Does anyone know a good writeup on how to get unmenu and sickbeard, CP etc properly installed on the USB stick?

Thanks!

After not being able to find my HDD's, I found that I forgot to change the SATA control to AHCI in the bios.
Hi spencers...

I saw this exact same thread over limetech... lol.... I knew I saw it before here on XBMC...

I did not know that you changed motherboard and cpu... congrats you have a beefy server there.

Say I wanted to change to your set-up i also run a Sempron with a Micro ATX board but for some reason I found a SFF case I really like and may wan't to change to it. (Maybe I am too excited on that new case)

So is it as easy as 1 2 3 ..... when replacing the HD's from the old mobo to the new mobo just hook em up to the right sata ports and everything will be ok? Parity to Sata 1 ... etc... Blush

I am thinking of using a G530 or a G620 CPU....

I have an eye on the new Fractal Node 304 case.... and maybe some new 3TB Hd's....

xxx
Thank you spencer....

Seems that your intel mobo ASUS P8H77-I is the only mini - itx one that has 6 sata ports huh? you must of done your research before you bought it, or is there something else?

And another question for you... Plex Media Server what do you use it for? Don't you use XBMC?

I would like to learn a little more on Plex Media Server....

From what I understand it transcodes files to play on other devices... in a nice GUI like XBMC....

I used to do this with a program called PS3 Media Server to my PS3 before I started using XBMC...
xxx
You might also check out PlayOn for streaming anywhere. It will allow Amazon, NetFlix, Hulu, and others. I do find that AT&T apparently mucks with it's traffic though which is irritating. It's nice in that it does the STUN type stuff needed to find your server and reach it...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
xxx
Have you looked into the upcoming changes in UNRAID that maybe coming to the next version? I am debating moving from Unraid over to Windows Server or Win 8.1 plus SnapRaid.
xxx
(2014-07-24, 16:44)spencers Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 00:56)cstmstyle Wrote: Have you looked into the upcoming changes in UNRAID that maybe coming to the next version? I am debating moving from Unraid over to Windows Server or Win 8.1 plus SnapRaid.

I haven't looked at any changes yet. Been perfectly happy on version 5. What makes you want to make the jump?

I am looking to redo my media storage/Server since what I have is getting a bit old and would like to add some more capabilities that Unraid just doesn't do well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xxx1