xxx
spencers

Nice nice..... love the case....thanx for the pics...

loved that you labeled your HD's
So, in the end is that Zotac nforce 430 board supported or not?
Would you change anything if you were to start over?

xxx
Got a very similar setup (not only the motherboard) - thanks to this thread and very happy with it, the only thing that I would do different is maybe go with a 4 port SATA card.
xxx
xxx
Awesome build (specially the new one). After seeing your thread I ordered similar parts (just few mins ago)

- Intel Core i3-3225
- LIAN LI PC-Q25B
- ASUS P8H77-I LGA
- CORSAIR Builder Series CX430

I just wanted to say thanks for this build. I'm throwing one together myself, just got most of the hardware. Just waiting on the drives now. Any gotchas with the newest build to pass on would be great. Thanks again!
Spencer, awesome build!!! I actually just ordered all the same parts except for the CPU.
I have a quick question for you. Since the mobo only has one case fan header, do you just have the 2nd fan connected directly to the power supply?
xxx
(2012-10-05, 01:42)spencers Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 17:15)Leo8978 Wrote: Spencer, awesome build!!! I actually just ordered all the same parts except for the CPU.
I have a quick question for you. Since the mobo only has one case fan header, do you just have the 2nd fan connected directly to the power supply?

Yes, I have the front fan connected to a standard molex connector

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but that means that the fan will be constantly running, right?
xxx
I think Lian-Li changed the layout of the SATA connectors on the backplane in the case. I bought the case two weeks ago. Mine are horizontal while the pictures here show them vertically. Should make the connectors easier to reach as I read it was tough before.
jps123, ajamils, butterpeanut - keep us posted on your similar builds! It's real helpful to learn from others.
Finally received my hardware yesterday. I ordered the same MOBO, CPU, RAM and PSU as Spencers has described (thanks for all your info Spencers and others). The posts on this forum and others have been very helpful.

The case is tight indeed and cabel management is a challenge. I got the 12" SATA cables which seem to work fine. I could not tie them together though as they were kinda tight. Like described in previous posts I plugged in one of the two fans in the MOBO the other directly into the PSU.

With the PSU hanging out the back it was quite easy to connect everything. The molex connectors did not connect very well and I used the PCIe connectors instead which fitted better (not only in the socket but left more room between the wall of the case and the connectors as my case had horizontal connections).

I am a newbie to all of this and had a hard time reconfiguring my BIOS to boot from the USB. It kept on booting into the UEFI BIOS but after fiddling with it I managed to set it up. Booted up fine into the server. I am now into setting up the network settings. Initially I was able to access the tower from my laptop but after setting a static IP address in my router for the server I cannot see the tower anymore. I assume I will have to change a setting on the server. If anyone can advise me on this that would be great!

To be continued...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xxx1