Newbie question
My son installed XBMC (& Ubuntu) for my media center as a Christmas gift.
Last night I tried to add a new movie to the library he created for me - and after reading on this forum and trying myself, I am missing something. My movie does not show up when I go to view.

I uploaded the movie into the directory that he has set up with all of the other movies (some 200 of them).

How do I get XBMC to recognize that it is there - and then go get cover art, etc. for it.

Thanks
Did you update the library? As long as the Scrapper you use (tvdb, IMDB) recognize the file name it should place it into your library with cover art and all.
When you are in the screen with all the other movies, press "c" on a keyboard or bring up the contextual menu on whatever input device you are using. You should have an "Update library" option there. You can also have XBMC scan for new content each time it starts up by going to:

System/Settings -> Video -> Library -> Update library on startup
If your xbmc computer doesn't turn off very often you can also use the XBMC Library Updater addon to scan your video library for changes automatically every few hours, or just once a day.

You can find it in the 'Programs' section when looking for new addons (Settings->Addons->Get Addons)
Nothing seems to work ...

Using the library 'view', I can see the directory (and file) in the dvd_movies folder. All of the movies listed show up when I run the media center except the one I just put there (.iso file). I can't seem to get to the "ok" button to add to library. There is an "ok", "Cancel" button below the file names. I can't get to them to click.

I rebooted the system, started the XBMC media center and thought it would search and load the new file. Nothing.
mjz3348 Wrote:Nothing seems to work ...

Using the library 'view', I can see the directory (and file) in the dvd_movies folder. All of the movies listed show up when I run the media center except the one I just put there (.iso file). I can't seem to get to the "ok" button to add to library. There is an "ok", "Cancel" button below the file names. I can't get to them to click.

I rebooted the system, started the XBMC media center and thought it would search and load the new file. Nothing.

It's really strange, and one of my personal pet peeves, but you have to press to the right to get "down" to "okay".
I'll give that a shot! Thanks
Yes - I just did. It worked. Pretty simple once I could get to the "o.k." button.

The only problem now is it went out and found the wrong cover art - but no big deal.
You can highlight the movie in question, press "c" on the keyboard and then select "movie information". If you are just looking to change the cover art, scroll to the right and select "get thumb". If you are using fanart and want to change the background image, select "get fanart". If the scraper did not identify this as the correct movie, select "refresh", which will rescrape the title and present you with a list of alternatives. In my experience, when I have to rescrape the title, it does not change the fanart and thumb, so I have to manually update those using the steps outlined above.

Welcome to XBMC!
You can just press i instead of c then information

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie question0