Motorola Nyxboard
I just got my Motorola remote for XBMC yesterday and the thing is GREAT! On one side is a nice media remote and on the other side is a keyboard and click mouse. It works perfectly out of the box (so far anways) and I find it quite a bit easier to handle and use than my previous favorite - the diNovo Mini.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Indeed!
Awesome, I can't wait to get mine!
I am considering ordering this and it would be a replacement for my Harmony 1000. Can anyone attest to the responsiveness of the remote when clicking around XBMC? The Harmony is quite slow and bothersome. Also, I use a Windows PC with XBMC, a PS3, and a cable box in my living room. Will I be able to switch between these devices via my Pioneer receiver with this remote? How is the cable box control?

Thanks!

SikeMo
Hi Sikemo,

I just received the remote. The Nyxboard is responding good and fast. It works as already said out of the box.
I do like it more as my previous remote (Boxee).

One downside is, when i place the dongle in the back of my HTPC and then close the cabinet.
The remote does not respond always, now i moved the dongle to the front, and all works fine.

And i tried to add a keymap but i did not get it to work yet.

About switching, if i read the manual, IR is used for comunnicating between other devices. How this works, is explained in the manual I haven't tried it myself yet.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
I'm still loving mine. It just stopped working the other day and I saw an "unrecognized USB device" in my device manager. So, I unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in and all was fine. I emailed support about it and they responded in just like an hour, incredible support. I thought I had a broken component because of rattling when I rotated it but that was the proximity sensor. I also asked them about setting a button to launch XBMC. They were helpful on that too, although it doesn't work. I went to the shortcut and went to the map key field and hit the red button which filled it with "shift-f3". When I press the red button XBMC does not launch. I'm sure I have more to learn, but the remote is very responsive clicking around XBMC.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-03-12, 16:09)patseguin Wrote: I'm still loving mine. It just stopped working the other day and I saw an "unrecognized USB device" in my device manager. So, I unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in and all was fine. I emailed support about it and they responded in just like an hour, incredible support. I thought I had a broken component because of rattling when I rotated it but that was the proximity sensor. I also asked them about setting a button to launch XBMC. They were helpful on that too, although it doesn't work. I went to the shortcut and went to the map key field and hit the red button which filled it with "shift-f3". When I press the red button XBMC does not launch. I'm sure I have more to learn, but the remote is very responsive clicking around XBMC.

Be sure you add your custom keymap to ../userdate/keymaps/nyxboard/keyboard.xml
I hope this will help you fix your problem.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Thanks guys. I've already ordered it. Can't wait to give it a try in a few days. I'll let you know how I do with keymaps and launching XBMC, etc.
(2012-03-12, 16:09)patseguin Wrote: I'm still loving mine. It just stopped working the other day and I saw an "unrecognized USB device" in my device manager. So, I unplugged the dongle and plugged it back in and all was fine. I emailed support about it and they responded in just like an hour, incredible support. I thought I had a broken component because of rattling when I rotated it but that was the proximity sensor. I also asked them about setting a button to launch XBMC. They were helpful on that too, although it doesn't work. I went to the shortcut and went to the map key field and hit the red button which filled it with "shift-f3". When I press the red button XBMC does not launch. I'm sure I have more to learn, but the remote is very responsive clicking around XBMC.

I remember handling your support case, I think you have to have the shortcut on your desktop? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/134552
Nope shortcut is in its default location in start menu. The button maps works now for some reason so go figure.
Anyone else having the unrecognized USB device problem in Windows? My remote will work fine for a while, and then all of a sudden it stops and I get this message. This has happened multiple times already.
which version of windows? good to catalogue this issue and see if others are having it, not aware of a widespread issue as yet
I'm using Win7 x64 Prof. Still having the problem. I went into the device manager and turned off the setting allowing Windows to power off USB devices not in use. That didn't seem to take care of it.
raise it with pulse-eight support and it will be taken care of
Just got my NXYboard remote today, plugged in and worked first time with no hassle. The trick detailed earlier to launch XBMC with the red button works perfectly if the shortcut is located on the desktop (Windows 8).

Excellent build quality, well thought-out design and a flexible learning mode. Thanks to all involved getting this together - it really is the perfect media centre remote Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motorola Nyxboard0