• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
Seems to be working fine now! One feature request - a shuffle option Smile
(2012-05-31, 16:17)manutheslayer Wrote: Hi, after trying another skin and changing back to the confluence skin it works now.
Good to hear that it was fixed! ...but it sounds very strange Confused. Did you use an unofficial XBMC build? Someone reported problems using the "margro" PVR builds recently.

(2012-05-31, 19:04)Rumik Wrote: Seems to be working fine now! One feature request - a shuffle option Smile
If it's working now should have been an unhandled timeout.

Anyway I would love to see the log file that produced that crash. You can probably repeat the bug by deleting libspotify's data folder that it's located at %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.audio.spotimc. Then libspotify should query all your playlists again on the next run. Please send me the resulting log file, and I'll take a look at it.

Finally, you can toggle shuffle mode from the now playing view, by pressing the "now playing" button on the upper menu.
That is awesome! What visualising ones it use be, the xbmc one or a custom one? Hasn't crashed since, btw
I have a bunch of logs if you like to have some. I'm having problem when I restart the addon I can't start it up again
I hade problem to show my playlists but I uninstalled the addon and then removed all files I could find that belonged with the addon and installed it again.
Where do you like me to send it ?
Just noticed songs don't seem to finish. They get about 3/4 of the wy through before skipping. Also, I pressed stop while in the visualisation and it showed a "no tracks loaded" message, and couldn't navigate away from it. Had to quit xbmc.
(2012-06-01, 19:07)Varazir Wrote: I have a bunch of logs if you like to have some. I'm having problem when I restart the addon I can't start it up again
I hade problem to show my playlists but I uninstalled the addon and then removed all files I could find that belonged with the addon and installed it again.
Where do you like me to send it ?
The restart issue is a known one, and it's related to unclean shutdowns. This causes future Spotimc sessions to initialize badly and New Stuff and Playlist views keep loading forever.

Hopefully the next release (which is a couple of weeks away) will fix this, but in the mean time you can upload the log files to pastebin and send me the links, just to be sure that the problems you are experiencing are related to this issue.

(2012-06-01, 20:40)Rumik Wrote: Just noticed songs don't seem to finish. They get about 3/4 of the wy through before skipping. Also, I pressed stop while in the visualisation and it showed a "no tracks loaded" message, and couldn't navigate away from it. Had to quit xbmc.
Mmm, are you sure that you have the latest version? The song skipping issue was fixed in alpha5, but anyway there's still a bug where songs may end prematurely (won't skip more than 5s), specially if you have crossfade enabled.

You are right that stopping playback on the now playing view may result in a lockdown (it happens randomly), so at least should give focus to the upper menu. Thanks for noticing!
I too have the "unclean" shutdowns, (linux) is there a workaround, i only use the exit-button? now i have tot log in with ssh and reboot the whole computer everytime i need to use SpotiMC.

are eagerly awaiting the next realease Smile
Thanks for a great plugin.

One question: Is fanarts supposed to work in fullscreen? I only get a black background. I had the same problem in spotyxbmc2. It works for local music.
(2012-05-18, 16:57)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 23:17)paavor Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 20:10)mazkolain Wrote: As procrastinator said, the only roadblock for ATV2 support is the lack of the ctypes python module on that platform. The one which is also needed by the boblight addon. As said on previous posts, once it's available it should be a trivial task to add support for ATV2.

Now this looks interesting. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/969 Big Grin
These are definitely good news! Hope this change gets merged soon to XBMC...

Have anybody been able to look further into this? It looks promising.
(2012-05-31, 13:22)manutheslayer Wrote: Hi,

can anyone help me please, for some reason the addon doesn´t load anything.

This is how it looks on my pc:

any ideas whyHuh?

You have to have a premium spotify account, as you do when you access spotify from your android (or other) phone.

Mark.
(2012-06-07, 11:56)joymyr Wrote: Have anybody been able to look further into this? It looks promising.

The pull request is closed and has been merged with the xbmc master branch, but we can't currently get builds of XBMC for ATV2 that have the c-types fix in it. That's because there are problems with compiling ffmpeg on this platform (see post at the top of this page). You can still get nightly builds for iOS on iPad/iPhone; if you're using one of these then I think spotimc should work.

EDIT: Spotimc will not work on nightly builds of XBMC for iOS on iPad and iPhone - see the post at the bottom of this page (#210) for info.
(2012-06-07, 12:25)procrastinator Wrote: The pull request is closed and has been merged with the xbmc master branch, but we can't currently get builds of XBMC for ATV2 that have the c-types fix in it. That's because there are problems with compiling ffmpeg on this platform (see post at the top of this page). You can still get nightly builds for iOS on iPad/iPhone; if you're using one of these then I think spotimc should work.

Too bad the nightly builds for ATV2 are on hold. Can't wait to try this one out.
I get Script failed on my XBMC running on AppleTV, anyone have any suggestions?
(2012-06-04, 10:55)SKIBBE Wrote: I too have the "unclean" shutdowns, (linux) is there a workaround, i only use the exit-button? now i have tot log in with ssh and reboot the whole computer everytime i need to use SpotiMC.

are eagerly awaiting the next realease Smile

I would be happy with some code that checks if there was a unclean shutdown before it hangs my entire xbmc setup.

I am getting used to logging in with SSH to killall -9 xbmc.bin after which xbmc will start up again and I can use the plugin, but I would just as well prefer getting a warning to manually restart before the spinning wait of doom =)
Other than this (huge) bug everything works quite nice,

Any chance for a fix soon ?
(2012-06-07, 12:25)procrastinator Wrote: The pull request is closed and has been merged with the xbmc master branch, but we can't currently get builds of XBMC for ATV2 that have the c-types fix in it. That's because there are problems with compiling ffmpeg on this platform (see post at the top of this page). You can still get nightly builds for iOS on iPad/iPhone; if you're using one of these then I think spotimc should work.
I'm currently waiting for a nightly build for ATV2 to come out in order to test the addon with, but didn't know that ffmpeg issues were keeping these ones on hold. Thanks for the info!

BTW, Spotimc won't work yet on iPad/iPhone, as the ios version of libspotify is not provided by the installation package.

(2012-06-08, 23:51)jansi Wrote: I get Script failed on my XBMC running on AppleTV, anyone have any suggestions?
Which gen of ATV are you using? Should work on 1st gen ones, but sadly the addon it's not compatible yet with ATV2, as it has been discussed recently.

(2012-06-11, 16:58)Kibje Wrote: I would be happy with some code that checks if there was a unclean shutdown before it hangs my entire xbmc setup.

I am getting used to logging in with SSH to killall -9 xbmc.bin after which xbmc will start up again and I can use the plugin, but I would just as well prefer getting a warning to manually restart before the spinning wait of doom =)
Other than this (huge) bug everything works quite nice,

Any chance for a fix soon ?
Hopefully a fix will be released within a week. Stay tuned!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32