• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-03-27, 07:16)Sambuccashake Wrote: Yep, Eden final.

Got the zip file from the OP though (github).
Shouldn't be any difference right?

I get "addon enabled" and I can read about it properly in the addon section
Just like all other addons.

I got the same problem as you. But I'v tried with both the repo and from the github.
Can't get it to work. Windows 7 computer.
Seems to get different errors when I install from the repo and from the github.
Do I need a premium account for this plugin? I do think so, bad use only in the original client you can use spotify free. Or do I think wrong?
(2012-03-27, 19:22)cloverfield Wrote: Do I need a premium account for this plugin? I do think so, bad use only in the original client you can use spotify free. Or do I think wrong?

That's right, you need Spotify Premium for this to work.

Would love to see a webUI for this addon, or any other kind of "remote access" Smile
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
First I must say that for an alpha it works very nicely!

One thing I noticed is if you have local music added in a playlist it will stop playing in the middle of the song that is before the local song. Guess thats when it tries to start buffering for the next song and realize it can't find it.
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
This is great... good work, i love it.

just tried it on my Macbook Pro (Running Ubuntu and XBMC) works fab. Cant wait to get home and try it on my propper HTPC (Aspire Revo).

Thanks!!
(2012-03-11, 01:38)mortstar Wrote: Queue and Add to playlist are already on my to-do list.

Would cream for this :p

Any eta.? Big Grin
Erm, yay.

*slow clap

Well done. I think I love you.

Been waiting for this for ages. I did have the spotyxbmc2 thing working but it doesn't work with the latest version of xbmc.

I have the problem with every 3rd or 4th track skipping.
Awesome - this is a GREAT plugin. I'm so excited to see this much polish.

I have a few suggestions....

1. It seems as though the normal XBMC remote buttons don't integrate with this? Pressing the back/exit button should do the same thing that it does on every app and menu item within XBMC. It's kind of strange to have to go to the Exit menu to get out of it.

2. I couldn't figure out how to easily get to the shuffle/repeat controls. I read in a previous post that they are shown when you click the top-right 'now playing' menu - but since I'm using XBMC with a harmony remote, it'd be great to have those options always displayed somewhere. Maybe as small buttons right in the same menu as the now playing display?

3. Please do add Radio, and default the entry screen to the Playlists.

Thanks again for this - it is functionality that is both highly sought-after and very well executed.
Greetins,

Here some answers for the issues you have been experiencing lately:

Loading animation spinning forever / Login data not remembered:
The issue and the possible workaround are described on the FAQ. Unfortunately a fix for this will have to wait.

Track skipping issue
As said, a fix for this may be included on the next alpha (which will be probably released in a week or two), so be patient and stay tuned!

(2012-03-24, 16:41)adytum Wrote: This is an extremely well made addon! Thanks so much!

Do you have plans to implement the radio too?
Yes, it's planned for a future release.

(2012-03-26, 14:42)mattg42 Wrote: So in summary the Cyrus skin is causing problems here and playlists can be fixed by removing the imported iTunes ones - at least on my system.
I already have the fixes for most of the skin related startup crashes (ReFocus, Cirrus, etc.), the'll be included on the next alpha. Thanks for the iTunes playlist clue!

(2012-03-26, 19:42)Cthugha Wrote: Feel free to use these shots in your OP.
Thanks! Unfortunately I've noticed a new issue on these screenshots. It seems that text is displayed smaller using Xperience1080, quite different to the reference rendering with Confluence and others...

(2012-03-26, 21:50)Sambuccashake Wrote: I can't seem to get it too launch. (Windows 7)

"Script failed" and then the spinning thing.

Reinstalled twice but no change.

http://pastebin.com/7yp7UZyB
Did you get if from the binary packages of the lower part of the download screen? The upper left links generate only a dump of the latest version in the repository, no binary dependencies included. Try uninstalling it first, and then get it from mortstar's repo.

(2012-03-26, 23:53)baldsasquatch Wrote: I get Script failed.  script.audio.spotify.  Then exits.
Mmm, would love to see a debug log. Hopefully it's a bug described earlier on this thread and a fix is on the works.

(2012-03-27, 19:36)Cthugha Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 19:22)cloverfield Wrote: Do I need a premium account for this plugin? I do think so, bad use only in the original client you can use spotify free. Or do I think wrong?

That's right, you need Spotify Premium for this to work.

Would love to see a webUI for this addon, or any other kind of "remote access" Smile
It's built on top of the official Spotify api, and they require a premium account.

Regarding to the WebUI thing, I'm considering it for a future release. Thanks!

(2012-03-27, 22:38)Fox Wrote: One thing I noticed is if you have local music added in a playlist it will stop playing in the middle of the song that is before the local song. Guess thats when it tries to start buffering for the next song and realize it can't find it.
Mmmm are you sure? As far as I know it fails randomly regardless local tracks are present or not.

(2012-03-28, 15:38)Bendecks Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 01:38)mortstar Wrote: Queue and Add to playlist are already on my to-do list.

Would cream for this :p

Any eta.? Big Grin
Sorry, no eta yet. I'll try to fix crashes and annoying bugs first and then continue adding functionality. I also believe that they are required features, but they are more complicated than they may look.
First of all, i need to say : Wahouuu
your plugin is really nice. and very good for an early version.

i have a bug :
each time my computer wake up from hibernate ( or standby ) , XBMC crash . but it crash only if i used spotymc before..

my system : Windows 7 , XBMC eden final with Aeon Nox
Smile 
Wow, had been looking for this. Works perfectly, Thanks!
Quote:Did you get if from the binary packages of the lower part of the download screen? The upper left links generate only a dump of the latest version in the repository, no binary dependencies included. Try uninstalling it first, and then get it from mortstar's repo.
Cheers, that did it!

Checking it out now, looks nice so far.
Any typ of web UI in the works? (would be great to be able to run this without having the TV on and the Constellation app doesn't really deliver in the Spotimc area)

WOW !!!!! First of all: Great work! I am really thrilled that we now can look forward to a plugin, in stead of a version that you have to compile yourself (and merge with other codebases if you want, for example, both Spotify and PVR support).

Of course with all due respect for the great work of Akezeke, but in the long run, a plugin just is the way to go! (unless Akezeke's efforts will be more integrated in the main codeline of XBMC).

Also thumbs up to the (for an alpha) already very stable working version.

Here are my remarks:

* The interface looks great! But could be more integrated to the XBMC skin in use (especially when playing back Spotify and browsing through XBMC at the same time).
* Integration between spotify and own XBMC library would be great.
* At times, browsing my starred items or other collections can lead to XBMC not responding anymore.
(2012-03-28, 21:05)proc_sort Wrote: First of all, i need to say : Wahouuu
your plugin is really nice. and very good for an early version.

i have a bug :
each time my computer wake up from hibernate ( or standby ) , XBMC crash . but it crash only if i used spotymc before..

my system : Windows 7 , XBMC eden final with Aeon Nox

i have the same bug. your addon doesnt seem to like windows standby.

im using xp with eden and aeon mq3 skin

is there a better place to log the bugs than this thread?

nb. GREAT work getting this working. so many people have been waiting be be able to have the best music service on the best media player.
(2012-03-28, 20:26)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 19:36)Cthugha Wrote: Would love to see a webUI for this addon, or any other kind of "remote access" Smile

Regarding to the WebUI thing, I'm considering it for a future release. Thanks!

Oh yes, please do consider that stronglyBig Grin
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32