• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-05-21, 08:34)CaMeX Wrote: That sounds very nice...
How to remove until it is fixed??
Just disable crossfade Cool

Leaving jokes apart, it's the only possible fix for now. There are some issues on the track streaming code that prevent crossfade from working properly. As said, stay tuned for the next release!
Awesome plugin!!
At least after I managed to get it running 8)
It seems when I had pyspotify installed (pyspotify-git from the archlinux AUR) those bindings conflicted with yours (both using the spotify module name), resulting in this import error:

Code:
19:48:55 T:2850487104   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
19:48:55 T:2850487104   ERROR: Error Contents: cannot import name albumbrowse
19:48:55 T:2925509440   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 2925509440 terminating
19:48:55 T:2850487104   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/guano/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 82, in <module>
                                                from spotimcgui import main
                                              File "/home/guano/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
                                                import windows
                                              File "/home/guano/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/windows.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                import views.newstuff
                                              File "/home/guano/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/views/newstuff.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                from spotimcgui.views import album
                                              File "/home/guano/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/libs/spotimcgui/views/album.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                from spotify import albumbrowse, session, track
                                            ImportError: cannot import name albumbrowse

I couldn't find any reference to that error, so I thought I'd post it, of course, if you want to fix it that'd be awesome Smile
will this work with the new spotify australia that was released today? OH im so excited to be using spotify in australia now! i hope it works i want this working on XBMC!!
(2012-05-21, 20:34)guano Wrote: Awesome plugin!!
At least after I managed to get it running 8)
It seems when I had pyspotify installed (pyspotify-git from the archlinux AUR) those bindings conflicted with yours (both using the spotify module name), resulting in this import error:
[...]
I couldn't find any reference to that error, so I thought I'd post it, of course, if you want to fix it that'd be awesome Smile
First of all, thanks for reporting! Probably this issue was related to some strange problems with other libraries (CherryPy for example), so they should also be fixed now.

I committed a fix for this issue on the github repo. The fix consists in prepending paths instead of appending them, so python sees them before the system ones:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/com...ad041b879b

(2012-05-22, 00:35)frieten Wrote: will this work with the new spotify australia that was released today? OH im so excited to be using spotify in australia now! i hope it works i want this working on XBMC!!
The addon should be usable from any country, as long as you are able to sign up to the service from yours. The only requirement to use the addon is a premium Spotify subscription.
The fix works like a charm, thanks!
just switched from windows to XBMCbuntu, and there is a major problem, when i try to start a track XBMC restarts every time Sad

any idea why?

I think i solved it, broken alsa driver from nowhere Sad
anyone got this working with the Australian spotify that just launched ?
(2012-05-26, 13:36)quantocks Wrote: anyone got this working with the Australian spotify that just launched ?

Should work the same but you need to buy premium account
The spotify addon works perfectly Smile

thx
Been waiting a loooong time for a spotify addon Smile Will try it, thanks! Big Grin
Looks lovely! New stuff works great, but nothing loads when I choose the playlists tab. Maybe it's because I have lots of playlists, including one very large one? Left it for over 5 minutes but nothing happened. Should I leave it for longer? Does it need to cache?

If/when it does work, will I see my Starred playlist? Hope so, I use that the most Smile

Lovely looking app, the first one I've seen for xbmc that actually works, so well done!
Hi,

can anyone help me please, for some reason the addon doesn´t load anything.

This is how it looks on my pc:

any ideas whyHuh?

p.s. this is on windows 7
on my laptop with chakra linux it works fine.
both times xbmc 11.0 eden is installed.

(2012-05-30, 21:21)Rumik Wrote: Looks lovely! New stuff works great, but nothing loads when I choose the playlists tab. Maybe it's because I have lots of playlists, including one very large one? Left it for over 5 minutes but nothing happened. Should I leave it for longer? Does it need to cache?

If/when it does work, will I see my Starred playlist? Hope so, I use that the most Smile

Lovely looking app, the first one I've seen for xbmc that actually works, so well done!
Please check the version of the addon you are using. The latest one should be alpha5, which fixed some issues with large numbers of playlists. If you already are in alpha5, please send me a log file to see what's going on.

And yes, you'll see starred and inbox along with the rest of the playlists Wink

(2012-05-31, 13:22)manutheslayer Wrote: Hi,

can anyone help me please, for some reason the addon doesn´t load anything.

[...]

any ideas whyHuh?

p.s. this is on windows 7
on my laptop with chakra linux it works fine.
both times xbmc 11.0 eden is installed.
This bug happened in the past with certain Skins on Linux, but on Windows... Please send me a log file and let's see if I'm able to reproduce it.

Thanks for reporting!
Thanks for replying Smile

Yeah, definitely using Alpha 5. Do you want an XBMC debug log?

Hmm, that's annoying. Trying it on a different computer and it's fine! Though on this new computer I did get prompted to install some updates the addon needed. I didn't get that message on my home machine.

Will try it on my home machine when I get home!
Hi, after trying another skin and changing back to the confluence skin it works now.

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32