[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Votes - 4.7 Average
hosko Offline
Just a quick question in regards to the artist information. Spotimc retrieves multiple artist in the format '(Artist 1), (Artist 2)' which looks fine to the eye except XBMC internally would use ' / ' as the separator. iTunes and Amazon use 'feat.' and 'ft.'. Is the ',' added by spotify or Spotimc? The reason I ask is I use Artist Slideshow and the comma breaks it.

AS supports three ways of identifying multiple artists:

- When scrapped, XBMC will separate artists based on the separation string (by default that is ' / '). AS asks XBMC for the list of artists associated with the song. (this one probably doesn't apply in your case since Spotify music obviously isn't scrapped into the library).
- AS will also look at the artist string and try and parse multiple artists. AS looks for the standard XBMC separator (' / ' <- that's a space, a slash, and a space) as well as 'feat.' and 'ft.' (for featured).
- AS also looks in the song title for 'feat.' and 'ft.' (this is the iTunes/Amazon style for featured artists)

Is it possible to get spotimc to use a different separator for multiple artists? The Artist Slideshow developers bring up the good point that with a comma there is no way to tell the difference between Katy Perry, Juicy J as two artists and Earth, Wind, & Fire as one in code.
find quote
hosko Offline
I modified the python script in spotimc so the seperator between artists is ' / ' and its working perfectly. Its line 153 of addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources\libs\spotimcgui\playback.py if anyone else is wanting to do it.
find quote
boxkid_2299 Offline
Thumbs Up  RE: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
This works amazingly well! Thanks a million! Cool
find quote