[REQUEST] March Madness On Demand 2012 add-on
March Madness is nearing for fans of NCAA basketball. I wanted to put this out there in case anyone is interested in developing an add-on.

There is more information here regarding their content. It is supposedly available on ios, android, and of course via a browser.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/...s-live-faq
I second the motion.

When I had boxee, they put together something for march madness that worked pretty well; live games, replay games, scores, etc.

It would make lots of people very happy. (Unless CBS makes it impossible.)
Hey guys, I just found a news story that is going to make this March a THORN in the side of many of us cord cutters. CBS & Turner are now going to charge for access to watch the games, unless you have authentication through your ISP (such as Comcast). All games that air on CBS will still be free to everyone @ cbssports.com, but the games that air on the other 3 networks (TNT, truTV, TBS) will not be free unless your ISP authenticates (like how ESPN3 works).

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/02/16...e-for-all/
(2012-03-10, 04:12)binarybomber Wrote: Hey guys, I just found a news story that is going to make this March a THORN in the side of many of us cord cutters. CBS & Turner are now going to charge for access to watch the games, unless you have authentication through your ISP (such as Comcast). All games that air on CBS will still be free to everyone @ cbssports.com, but the games that air on the other 3 networks (TNT, truTV, TBS) will not be free unless your ISP authenticates (like how ESPN3 works).

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/02/16...e-for-all/

Much like the MLB.TV setup, there's a fee to watch all the streaming, meaning no blocking like ESPN3. You don't have to have cable to watch any of the games that way. It would be nice, though, to have the plug in to work with...
The Fee is $3.99, and also gives you access to watching on your Android/iPhone. Seems worth it to me.
Anything for the 2013 Tourney? Looks like no fee this year BUT you are going to have to login with cable/sat credentials in order to see the games that are on TNT, TBS, and TruTV
As I am a cord cutter, that really is disappointing to know that all of the games won't be streamed live unless you have login credentials. So... guess I need to find some credentials Smile I was wondering if it would be possible to reverse engineer the coding of the android/ipad apps for March Madness Live, and build an addon off of that?

Anyways... here is the info from March Madness 2013 Live's website...

NCAA March Madness Live® App Available in App Store and Google Play in March
NCAA March Madness Live® will provide college basketball fans with unparalleled multi-screen digital access to the 2013 NCAA® Division I Men's Basketball Championship. Produced by Turner Sports, NCAA March Madness Live® will offer free streaming across all devices to pay TV subscribers throughout the tournament and is designed to be either a primary or companion viewing experience available to fans across a collection of screens including online, mobile and tablet. NCAA March Madness Live® will feature social and interactive components to provide portable access to the tournament and - in partnership between the NCAA, Turner Sports and CBS Sports - will launch from www.ncaa.com/marchmadness, www.CBSSports.com and www.bleacherreport.com, along with Google Play and the App Store beginning in March.
NCAA March Madness Live® will provide an unlimited viewing experience throughout Turner Sports and CBS Sports' coverage of the entire tournament. Fans will have access to all games on TNT, TBS and truTV on the digital device of their choice, by logging in with their TV service provider information, and all games broadcast on CBS with no registration required. As an added feature, NCAA March Madness Live® will offer a preview option that allows up to four hours of live game streaming that does not require viewer registration.
For the third consecutive year, all 67 games of the tournament will again be available live on TV in their entirety across CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV.
"Whether viewing on a big-screen TV or a computer, tablet, or smart phone, fans can enjoy the incomparable excitement of March Madness anywhere they are and however they choose," said Matthew Hong, senior vice president and general manager of operations, for Turner Sports. "With Turner's commitment to TV Everywhere, passionate fans can use NCAA March Madness Live® as either a first- or second-screen interactive experience to enjoy all 67 tournament games."
"NCAA March Madness Live® provides our membership and fan bases with the most up to date coverage of the Division I Men's Basketball Championship so everyone can catch all of the action at any time and from any place," said Keith Martin, managing director of championships and alliances. "We're in an age now where fans want access to games simultaneously and they want to chat about what they've seen. NCAA March Madness Live® is a great resource for fans who want to keep up with the games while they are at an arena, at home or from any location."
This year's NCAA March Madness Live® product offers several enhancements including:
Redesigned for optimization across platforms - With improved navigation, NCAA March Madness Live® will have a completely new look and feel while also providing users with the same levels of access and a consistent user experience across all devices
Available on new devices - NCAA March Madness Live® will be available on more devices than ever before including smart phones and tablets with the Android 4.0+ operating system, the iPhone 5 and iPad mini

Although... the Sportsdevil addon keeps getting better and better too!
It sounds like the same model as last year, which worked out perfectly fine.

It I recall correctly, it was free if you could prove your subscription and a whopping (/s) $3.99 if you couldn't. I gladly paid my $4 and was happy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] March Madness On Demand 2012 add-on1