XBMC will not launch
I upgraded to Eden a few days ago and have used it a few times. Now it won't even launch. I have made no other changes to my system. Anyone else?
Search is your friend - there's a whole thread on that which may help.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124671
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I didn't think that thread would get me anywhere because I had run Eden for several consecutive days. I don't believe it to be a video card issue. I get no activity or indication that XBMC is even trying to launch. I am uninstalling now and going back to 10.1 until the Eden alpha.

Side note...when unistalling, it kept the XBMC folder in Program Files, but couldn't manually delete because it was still running in Task Manager>Processes. Killed that and deleted, now reinstalling.
Reinstalled Eden RC2 instead. All seems to be fine, except for a few "not responding" issues when updating a fanart. Recovers fine after a few minutes. I'm sticking with it, but will revert to Dharma if it gets worse. I like the new features of Eden enough to tolerate a few bugs.
duckredbeard Wrote:Reinstalled Eden RC2 instead. All seems to be fine, except for a few "not responding" issues when updating a fanart. Recovers fine after a few minutes. I'm sticking with it, but will revert to Dharma if it gets worse. I like the new features of Eden enough to tolerate a few bugs.

Glad you're running. If you find bugs hit us with a debug log and the specifics Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Search is your friend - there's a whole thread on that which may help.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124671

Sarcasm always helps. Well played.
bluedevil229 Wrote:Sarcasm always helps. Well played.

@Bluedevil - There's very little that hasn't been solved already. When you've responded to your 500th post that has no info, no debug log and no hint of a previous search you may be inclined to recommend searching as well. Posts which fail to provide basic info just causes forum clutter and the dev team to endlessly duplicate the standard replies: that a search will usually solve it and if not we need details, not guessing games. And certainly not remarks like yours.
bluedevil229 Wrote:Sarcasm always helps. Well played.

DDDamian's response didn't seem sarcastic to me, whereas yours did.

Until you have answered as many problems as DDDamian has I think you should refrain from criticising him.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not launch0