Automatically generate .nfo files?
Is there a good tool out there for this? I have a bunch of concerts that don't scrape, and I just need to get them to show up in the XBMC library. Then I can tweak them in something like Ember Media Manager and add fanart, etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

-hogfan
There is nothing I know of that will auto generate them. There are many media manager, nfo creator, etc options to chose from. I found the easiest thing to do is simply create my own using notepad.
I have several posts that give simple examples (several threads on this subject). Here is one http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=894...stcount=10
Once you get the hang of it then it becomes fast and easy. Just keep a blank template handy and copy/paste as needed and fill in the blanks.
Once you have an .nfo the files will show up in library view (dharma). Google images is great for finding fanart and thumbs.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
You say you are using ember all ready. what i do is have ember scan a folder which i put my new films/concerts etc in (in there own folders named correctly) if i know its on imdb (or your scapper choice) i would (re)scrape movie and have it pull all the info,pics etc but if its not on there then just edit movie then fill in the details manually.
once you have done all that just drop the folder in the folder with the rest of you files rescan xbmc and boom its there
hogfan Wrote:Is there a good tool out there for this? I have a bunch of concerts that don't scrape, and I just need to get them to show up in the XBMC library. Then I can tweak them in something like Ember Media Manager and add fanart, etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

-hogfan

Try MediaCompanion (here in the forums and google) - great program. You can also try add TheConcertDB scraper and see if that scrapes better for you. The site is still a work in progress, but it'll improve with time.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
TheConcertDB scraper just uses themoviedb.org so if your concert isn't there you might wanna add it it yourself so others can benefit
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Maybe this http://nfo.sprocket.dk/ is an option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically generate .nfo files?0