R. Slideshow option
Is there any way I can determine that my plugin is being called as a result of the user selecting the "R. Slideshow" button from the skin?

I need to know because I currently set default view modes based on where the user is in the plugin hierarchy. I realize I probably shouldn't be doing this, but if you used the plugin, you'd see why it's tremendously helpful to have default views for each folder (see this ticket).

I've tried everything I can think of, but it appears that from the plugin's perspective, the user is simply clicking through every folder.

Would it maybe be possible for the "R. Slideshow" button to set some property I can check, so I know the plugin is being called programmatically and not by the user? Or is there something already set I can look for?

-j
You could perhaps try getting Container.FolderName/FolderPath - I think what will happen is that will stay at the root path, but you'll be successively called on subfolders of that path.

A hack, to be sure Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You could perhaps try getting Container.FolderName/FolderPath - I think what will happen is that will stay at the root path, but you'll be successively called on subfolders of that path.

A hack, to be sure Wink

I'd have accepted that hack, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way -- FolderName/FolderPath is set as if the user browsed to it. I have been unable to find anything unique from the Recursive Slideshow function.

If there is nothing currently that can identify this, would it be possible to set a property or something that plugins can check?

-j
If your plugin gets called on a path that's not the same as what Container.FolderName/FolderPath is called, that may indicate that it's called during recursive slideshow?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If your plugin gets called on a path that's not the same as what Container.FolderName/FolderPath is called, that may indicate that it's called during recursive slideshow?

It appears to be the same though. I've checked pretty much every infoLabel I can think of. The FolderName/Path is the same as if the user had clicked on it.

-j
Maybe I can make a different suggestion?

It's nifty that the Recursive Slideshow works at all for Pictures plugins, but in general it's probably not what the user actually wanted to do, or can present him with more pictures than he expected, depending on how the plugin hierarchy is laid out.

Perhaps it's reasonable to simply disable the Recursive Slideshow option if in a plugin? Or maybe give plugin authors the ability to disable it?

-j

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
R. Slideshow option0