XBMCbuntu 11 and ASUS AT5ION mobo
This is my first post in the forum so be gentle. I have been following XBMC on and off for a quite a while and the polish on the latest release is amazing. For the past few years I have been using 'buntu derivatives culminating in Lubuntu (LXDE) so imagine my excitement when XBMCbuntu Eden Beta 3 was released ... downloaded and wacked on my ASUS AT5ION based HTPC.

Picture quality amazing (how is iPlayer so good?) but I have 2 immediate issues, ones a show stopper and ones just annoying.

1) iPlayer, DVD's etc all freeze after 10 minutes (iPlayer) and 20 minutes (DVD) verty repeatable in the timing ... watch a lot of Cbeebies on iPlayer and bottom lip wobble from the boy when it freezes up is not good.

2) HDMI ... er ... audio out how? Tried every combo on the setup but to no avail, works fine in the normal audio out so I just have to get up of my fat ass and change the amp.

Notes: PC works fine, iPlayer works sweet when I drop to Lubuntu interface and fire it up in Chrome.

Upgraded to RC2 with exactly same issues.

HELP!!!!

Markyd
Can you post a debug log? see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for details.

I would enable debugging then restart XBMC and wait a couple of minutes for all the startup tasks, scans etc to finish. Then play a DVD until it stops. When it stops immediately close XBMC and pop the debug log on http://pastebin.com/

I suggest you generate the log with a DVD rather than iPlay as iPlayer involves all sorts of other potential issues because it's streaming RTMP.

JR
Thanks for the quick reply, posted log file at 18:32ish with a tittle of markyd68a

This time (after the RC2 update) the DVD never made it to the tittle screen, going to double check with the debug turned off.

Note, this is the vanila XBMCbuntu build so had to install gedit as there was no program to edit the log file to hand!

Regards,

MarkyD68a
You need to post the link Pastebin gives you here, otherwise we have no way of finding your log on pastebin. I did try using the Pastebin search for "markyd68a" but this didn't find anything.

JR
.... the joy's of dealing with a Noob I guess ... sorry about that. I am away from home all week so wont be able to retest for 4 days now.

MarkyD68a
as for the hdmi audio out on this puppy, mine are all at custom devices (plug:both) in the non-passthrough device. and hdmi(ALSA) for the passthrough device.

All forms of audio I have tried including DTS and DD5.1 work perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu 11 and ASUS AT5ION mobo0