Source limit
Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders or files within a source?

A little background. For my movie collection I added a separated source for alphabetical letters A-F (no sub folders). I was able to play all of the movies just fine. I decided to try adding a source G-N which has 7 sub folders and 981 files. After that I started to randomly get playback failed warnings (2 in 5 but the same movie might play on the second try). I added another source O-Z which contains 13 sub folders and 1634 files. After adding that I get playback failed on every movie I try to play. I removed O-Z source and I was back to the 2 in 5 failing to play. I then removed the G-N source the remaining movies all played perfectly again.

I have doubt that the number of sub folders or number of files should matter because I have 2 TV sources. The first one is (TV Shows) which has 322 folders and 5,750 files and the second source (TV Shows 2) which has 361 folders and 3141 files and all of those play correctly.

Or is there a limit to the total file size of a source?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
rvnwlfdroid Wrote:Is there a limit to the number of sub-folders or files within a source?

A little background. For my movie collection I added a separated source for alphabetical letters A-F (no sub folders). I was able to play all of the movies just fine. I decided to try adding a source G-N which has 7 sub folders and 981 files. After that I started to randomly get playback failed warnings (2 in 5 but the same movie might play on the second try). I added another source O-Z which contains 13 sub folders and 1634 files. After adding that I get playback failed on every movie I try to play. I removed O-Z source and I was back to the 2 in 5 failing to play. I then removed the G-N source the remaining movies all played perfectly again.

I have doubt that the number of sub folders or number of files should matter because I have 2 TV sources. The first one is (TV Shows) which has 322 folders and 5,750 files and the second source (TV Shows 2) which has 361 folders and 3141 files and all of those play correctly.

Or is there a limit to the total file size of a source?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I should have mentioned I'm running 10.1 release.
Shouldn't make any difference how many sub folders or files you have.

Post a debug log of the failed playback and it should highlight the issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source limit0