• 2(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
@mcheng89 - Rockstar!
Downloaded the source from github.

Gonna eat... Then I'll try to build it for windows

ugh... CStdString isnt compiling on MinGW....
Anyway of enabling the add-on for openlec or pulse eights pvr build, ive tried zipping up the pvr.vuplus folder and then adding it with the install from zip which seems to work ok and can enable it but doesnt work get the message 'no PVR clients have been started yet'.

Ive tried it on openlecs pvr build and the latest pulse eight pvr build which i thought was based on opdenkamps build.
(2012-03-13, 01:31)markus625 Wrote: Anyway of enabling the add-on for openlec or pulse eights pvr build, ive tried zipping up the pvr.vuplus folder and then adding it with the install from zip which seems to work ok and can enable it but doesnt work get the message 'no PVR clients have been started yet'.

Ive tried it on openlecs pvr build and the latest pulse eight pvr build which i thought was based on opdenkamps build.

I've been trying to find out how to turn it into a .zip that will work, I dont know enough about it to know what exactly to zip.

@mcheng89 any advice? I too would like to use the addon with openelec for performance reasons.
(2012-03-13, 01:38)redknight Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 01:31)markus625 Wrote: Anyway of enabling the add-on for openlec or pulse eights pvr build, ive tried zipping up the pvr.vuplus folder and then adding it with the install from zip which seems to work ok and can enable it but doesnt work get the message 'no PVR clients have been started yet'.

I've been trying to find out how to turn it into a .zip that will work, I dont know enough about it to know what exactly to zip.

@mcheng89 any advice? I too would like to use the addon with openelec for performance reasons.

I take it just by creating a empty zip and draging the contents into doesnt work i guess.

You have to compile it for the platform that you want to use it on

Almost done building on Windows without XBMC Smile

Just need to get the curl files now...
(2012-03-13, 01:45)mcheng89 Wrote: You have to compile it for the platform that you want to use it on

Almost done building on Windows without XBMC Smile

Just need to get the curl files now...

I don't suppose you could run us through what you're doing? I know how to compile everything including xbmc but how do you compile just the addon and then what do you do with the results.

You say it needs compiled on each platform which makes sense but how do you make a zip that contains Linux, win32 and mac compiled versions
Hi guys,

Just thought I would try out this build to work with my DM500S, but I am having issues after compiling.
I am able to access XBMC and Enable Live TV but I am cannot Enable any of the PVR Clients.
Any Ideas?

EDIT: Fixed by recompiling again.
removed... use the download from the second post Smile

Not sure if I broke anything...
Also, you dont need "msvcp100d.dll" and "msvcr100d.dll" with this build

Just put the addon into the Xbmc/addons folder...
Ive created a thread with the same title over on openelecs forum, maybe some clever git can get it working on the openelec build.

openelec forum
Hi Guys! YOU GOD DAMN ROCK! Would like to see this project finish.

Whats about timeshifting? Works flawlessly with my DM800C. Is this tricky?

I've got experience in Java, PHP and C# (a little) development,
So if I can support somehow tell me...

And for me as well, OpenELEC support appreciated.

Kind Regards
My HTPC GOTO
CPU: Intel Core I3-2100 | GPU: Asus GT-430 | MOBO: Asus P8H61-M PRO Rev.3.0 | Case: MS-Tech MC-1200AN | SSD: 64GB Crucial m4

NAS
Synology DS411 | 4x WD Caviar Green 3TB

HTPC 2
APU: AMD A6-3500 HD6530D | MOBO: ASRock A75M, AMD A75 | Case: Silverstone SST-ML03B | Flash: TRANSCEND JetFlash 780 USB 3.0 16GB | 2x WD Caviar Green 3TB
This is from Ultraman on the openelec forum.

But i haven't a clue on compiling especially for OE.

------------------------

I tried it and it is working fine with OE. What I did was to include this patch to xbmc
github.com/jdembski/xbmc/commit/e9ba4816...1fe8a60af28d14.patch
downloaded from here
github.com/jdembski/xbmc/commit/e9ba4816...e6097c1fe8a60af28d14

After recompile and update of OE I get new PVR client.
(2012-03-13, 02:55)mcheng89 Wrote: CodeBlocks project/source + Compiled Windows library Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ymqxbs18prenua

The addon works, its not that stable when switching channels. And there is no EPG loaded, only for 1 channel.

So far it looks promising.

If you want me to send some logs, let me know.
(2012-03-13, 19:00)n0fragger Wrote: The addon works, its not that stable when switching channels. And there is no EPG loaded, only for 1 channel.

Hello everyone!

I just tried to find out why there are no EPG entries and no timer entries when using the addon on windows, unfortunately without any luck so far.

I chased it down until the point when
Code:
PVR->TransferEpgEntry(handle, &broadcast);
and
Code:
PVR->TransferTimerEntry(handle, &tag);
are being called. These calls trigger an "Access Violation". What I don't understand is why it is working flawlessly with the other "Transfer"-Calls like the ones for ChannelGroups, Channels or Recordings.

Can someone with better programming skills have a quick look at the sources and point me into the direction why this is happening? @mcheng89 You seem to be a "real" developer - any idea?

On the bright side: Compiling the addon on windows is now working without problems Smile

Also FYI: I have closed the Pull Request in opdenkamps PVR branch for now - I will wait until everything is more stable (on linux and win32) before opening another Pull Request again.
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
(2012-03-13, 19:00)n0fragger Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 02:55)mcheng89 Wrote: CodeBlocks project/source + Compiled Windows library Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ymqxbs18prenua

The addon works, its not that stable when switching channels. And there is no EPG loaded, only for 1 channel.

What does this mean?
Quote:no EPG loaded, only for 1 channel.
Are you not getting EPG at all? or are you getting it only for 1 channel?

EDIT @jdembski:
I just finished up epg data in my other app and PVR->TransferEpgEntry seems to be working fine on Windows.
I dont see anything wrong with your code though...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217