• 5(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
(2012-03-15, 22:10)ultraman Wrote: Update2: You need to add -lpthread too. Still missing.

Didn't see a problem when starting xbmc, but I've added the lpthread to be on a safe side.

Thanks again, you made my day!
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
(2012-03-15, 22:44)redknight Wrote: Have you tried it with OpenELEC PVR build? Can we now use the install from zip function or do we need to manually extract the zip to the addons folder?
From OE yes. But it is part of the image not separate addon. I will try it more tomorrow and after that I will prepare package for OE and send PR to sraue.
(2012-03-15, 22:44)redknight Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 22:10)ultraman Wrote: And it seems this is missing too:
Code:
libvuplus_la_LIBADD = -lpthread -lcurl

I get this XBMC symbol and other using objdump:
Code:
objdump -x XBMC_vuplus.pvr

Quote:0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 pthread_mutex_trylock
0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 curl_easy_setopt

I'm updating system atm. Hope now will work.

Update: It works now. The only problem is that PVR manager needs long time until imports all my channels.
I will make one new version with your last commit too to be sure.

Update2: You need to add -lpthread too. Still missing.

Have you tried it with OpenELEC PVR build? Can we now use the install from zip function or do we need to manually extract the zip to the addons folder? I'm getting an unknown error atm

I tried it with the build from opdenkamps site and it does work now - as far as I know the openelec builds are pretty much the same except for a better libcec-support. I just updated the zip-files in the first post to reflect the fixes that I just pushed to the xbmc-addon-vuplus branch. Also the installation-intructions are now included in the README...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Confirmed working on Ubuntu with opdenkamp pvr but not working on openelec pvr, can anyone confirm this. Perhaps there's a required dependancy that's not present in the OE build?
(2012-03-16, 00:31)redknight Wrote: Confirmed working on Ubuntu with opdenkamp pvr but not working on openelec pvr, can anyone confirm this. Perhaps there's a required dependancy that's not present in the OE build?

maybe wait on ultraman, he works on the integration in openelec.

its planned the addon will be installed per default in all openelec pvr builds, i have requested the seperation for easyer handling. we already include some big patches for xvba and libcec stuff from different git repos which we must maintain, so such addon makes it more easy to us.

greetings, Stephan

It works for me on OE PVR. But I make everything from scratch (new package). Today I will send everything in OE.

But I have one suggestion for jdembski. Would be possible to save all imported channels in one text or db file when everything is imported? Because I have 1000 and 1000 channels in my list (using diseqc motor) and it always need long time (more than 10 minutes) to import all of them. Very annoying and not usable at all for me.

Update: Changes are in git.
(2012-03-16, 09:36)ultraman Wrote: It works for me on OE PVR. But I make everything from scratch (new package). Today I will send everything in OE.

But I have one suggestion for jdembski. Would be possible to save all imported channels in one text or db file when everything is imported? Because I have 1000 and 1000 channels in my list (using diseqc motor) and it always need long time (more than 10 minutes) to import all the channels. Not very friendly.

Update: Changes in git.

Ok, so you are adding jdemski's addon in permanently to this git/testing build of openelec?

To use this we have to git-sync and compile for our platform each time it updates? I havent compiled openelec before, I want to run it on my ION revo and dont want full blown linux or windows on it, just xbmc and bare essentials. After I compile it will it have a USB installer stick creator or does it just create the full OS and we copy that across to the REVO hard drive?

Reference feature requests;

On mine I see all the bouquets listed one after another, I have a total of 1772 channels all in one big list (obviously a lot are duplicates), Is there any way to start with a menu of bouquets that we must select from and then enter to see those channels, much like the VU+ EPG

Is it necessary to update the entire EPG on every boot? This takes some time for me and there are major stability issues if I try and enter the EPG before it has finished updating. Would it be possible to save the EPG in a file and simply do an incremental update each time or at least save the channel lists.

I recently compiled my own OE PVR for my ION system with the vu client patch provided by ultraman, took me 12 hours to eventually get my build zip completed, i guess thats why they call it a night's build.

Is it worth me waiting till jdembski and Ultaman have come up with something more stable and wait till OE release a build with the vu client, or compiling another one.

The one that i compiled only fetches epg data for some channels and not others for some reason
(2012-03-16, 14:10)markus625 Wrote: I recently compiled my own OE PVR for my ION system with the vu client patch provided by ultraman, took me 12 hours to eventually get my build zip completed, i guess thats why they call it a night's build.

Is it worth me waiting till jdembski and Ultaman have come up with something more stable and wait till OE release a build with the vu client, or compiling another one.

The one that i compiled only fetches epg data for some channels and not others for some reason

I saw your posts on the Openelec forum, for some reason I'm unable to sign into or create a new user on the forum, no idea why.

Ultraman has committed the addon to the master PVR test build of Openelec it seems, so I've cloned the git and am compiling now. What baffles my noob brain is why I can compile XBMC from source in about 20 minutes but OE seems to takes forever to build. Still no idea how much longer there is to go or if it'll even work but I'll report back later.

I'm very confused as to why I can simply extract the .zip from post 2 on the forum into the addons folder in windows or Ubuntu but it fails to load of I do the same in OE. I though OE was linux with the GUI etc stripped out and XBMC and stuff installed. I assumed there was something missing from OE that full blown linux had but Ultraman says it's working fine for him in a build of OE including the addon.

Looks like Jdemski is making really great progress with this, I think there are a LOT of people willing this addon onwards, it's been a long time coming I've lost count of the amount of threads that have been started requesting an addon that does exactly this.
Yeah be prepared for a long wait, as i said mine took 12 hours to compile, but i had to get all the linux tools etc and python installed as well.

Has anything changed in the vu client addon recently, the only reason i ask is that i compiled mine wed night and not sure if its worth me compiling again.
(2012-03-16, 15:02)markus625 Wrote: Yeah be prepared for a long wait, as i said mine took 12 hours to compile, but i had to get all the linux tools etc and python installed as well.

Has anything changed in the vu client addon recently, the only reason i ask is that i compiled mine wed night and not sure if its worth me compiling again.

Don't quote me on this as I get the feeling our linux knowledge is about the same (nerdy but inexperienced), but as far as I know if you keep the folders on linux as they are and then "git pull" (pulls the changes from the git source) and then run the compile commands again it only re-compiles the changes and should take a fraction of the time.

This requires you to keep the "build.OpenELEC_PVR-ION.i386-devel" folder exactly how it is and dont make any changes after you've used it. The git folder must be the same as well, basicly dont touch anything after your compile then.

Changes are being made often but not always relevant to your build, you can see these if you visit Jdemski's git page.

Very much a baptism of fire for me, if someone neglects one line of a "how to" I get confused lol
redknight, the reason why it takes so long time to make OE is that EVERY single package is compiled. Not only XBMC. The reason for non-working zip is probably different version of some library or something like that. I make everything in little less than 2 hour.

Like I suspected:
Code:
$ objdump -x pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr
Quote:Dynamic Section:
NEEDED libcurl-gnutls.so.4
OE doesn't have this library because OE curl version is compiled with openssl and not gnutls.
Rednight what source are you using for the git pull

git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git

git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/326

Ultarman is it best i deleate my clone and start a new one afresh as i remember i added your patch that you suggested on the OE Forum or just update.
[GUIDE] How to build your own OpenELEC distro
We using the same git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git then.Sorry im new to all this stuff

While im here is it best to keep the OpenELEC-XXXX.XXXX.devel files.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217