• 8(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
I've checked and re-compiled the windows version (version 0.1.2).
XBMC from " http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/ " Eden-pvr - build 70 - git rev. a2ef033 (17 Mar 2012).
Now I have the following message in the log file:

22:01:01 T:9432 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
22:01:01 T:9900 ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ Client: Vu::LoadChannelData error parsing channeldata!
22:01:01 T:9900 ERROR: ADDON: Dll VU+ Client, throws an exception 'Access violation' during m_pDll->Create. Contact developer 'Joerg Dembski' with bug reports
22:01:01 T:9900 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'VU+ Client'
22:01:01 T:9432 NOTICE: initialize done

Windows or Linux?
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
(2012-03-18, 23:16)jdembski Wrote: Windows or Linux?

Windows
They seem to have the same problem here but solved it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid536110

Seems to be exactly the same error, since they do have it on windows but not on linux.

Can it be this problem?

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...b03d253d48

+ // DINKUMWARE BUG:
+ // Note -- using std::isspace in a COM DLL gives us access violations
+ // because it causes the dynamic addition of a function to be called
+ // when the library shuts down. Unfortunately the list is maintained
+ // in DLL memory but the function is in static memory. So the COM DLL
+ // goes away along with the function that was supposed to be called,
+ // and then later when the DLL CRT shuts down it unloads the list and
+ // tries to call the long-gone function.
+ // This is DinkumWare's implementation problem. If you encounter this
+ // problem, you may replace the calls here with good old isspace() and
+ // iswspace() from the CRT unless they specify SS_ANSI
(2012-03-18, 18:48)jdembski Wrote: I just pushed some changes to make the channel loading faster.

I don't have thousands of channels in my list, so can anyone with such a setup test it? You have to set the path where the channeldata will be stored in the addon-settings - then restart xbmc twice (first it will load the channel data from the webapi and store it onto the HDD. Channels should be loaded from HDD after that)

Ok, new version up and working, importing for first time now. Importing seems much slower than normal, however that could be down to the fact that it'snow saving the EPG etc to the hard drive. What took a very long hang (5mins) followed by a very quick progress bar (<30seconds) to load channels has now taken 10 minutes and counting of purely importing channels (I can see sky 1, itv 1 etc etc slowly moving along). You mention setting the path where the channeldata will be stored in the addon, is this somewhere in a file? or in configuration because I see no new options in configure.

I'll let this play out and let you know how I get on
It's working!

It took ages to import all my channels and EPG, it was only so quick before because it wasn't really bringing the EPG in. Took about 30-40 mins to import but now it only seems to sync changes on boot. Either way it has saved the channels and EPG and is ready to watch on a new boot in 5-10 seconds. Good work man.

With regards to our epg issues it is now importing everything correctly Smile

I'll continue to test but for the moment it's going well.

Congrats man, now just to fix the windows version and compile it in this weird OE way so it can be used as a stand alone add on without having to build OE everytime
(2012-03-19, 01:16)redknight Wrote: and compile it in this weird OE way so it can be used as a stand alone add on without having to build OE everytime
You don't have to build OE everytime - just vuplus addon. But at the end you get OE image which must be updated.
It's just how OE works. I can try to make separate vuplus addon which can be updated without OE update. But personally thinks that's not important because OE has all PVR clients inside. Why vuplus would be different.
(2012-03-19, 12:43)ultraman Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 01:16)redknight Wrote: and compile it in this weird OE way so it can be used as a stand alone add on without having to build OE everytime
You don't have to build OE everytime - just vuplus addon. But at the end you get OE image which must be updated.
It's just how OE works. I can try to make separate vuplus addon which can be updated without OE update. But personally thinks that's not important because OE has all PVR clients inside. Why vuplus would be different.

Nah, I just need to get my head round updating and compiling the addon. I've come from knowing nothing about linux to knowing a bit but I've a lot more to learn tbh
+1 Feature request - Something to tell us explicitly what Bouquet we're in clearly and the ability to choose a Bouquet rather than the current cycling system. I have to keep an eye on the channels and wait until they are all in HD to know I'm in my HD bouquet
I have a dm600 dreambox and i can not for the life of me find an image with the "correct" webinterface.
Can anyone here who got it working suggest a working image? openpli seems to be running here own thing, Or possibly a link to where i can download the tarball or package of the webinterface.

For some reason or another i only get the "404 page not found" when i surf into serverip/web
(2012-03-19, 18:59)extracted Wrote: I have a dm600 dreambox and i can not for the life of me find an image with the "correct" webinterface.
Can anyone here who got it working suggest a working image? openpli seems to be running here own thing, Or possibly a link to where i can download the tarball or package of the webinterface.

Dreambox 600 is Enigma 1 by standard, the addon doesnt work with Enigma 1. However! on the wiki it says Enigma 2 is in beta, whatever that means!
Yea im using the beta but its still the same. should be able to flash it with newnigma2 or something.
(2012-03-19, 19:09)extracted Wrote: Yea im using the beta but its still the same. should be able to flash it with newnigma2 or something.

Forgetting your dreambox for the moment, what XBMC are you using (build/platform/addon version-source)

Also, is your box running openif?
I tried to compile it on OSX Lion 10.7.3 but it seems not working:

Code:
MaxPower$ ./configure

[...]

libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libvuplus.a  client.o xmlParser.o VuData.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libvuplus.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libvuplus.la" && ln -s "../libvuplus.la" "libvuplus.la" )
cp -f .libs/libvuplus.so XBMC_vuplus.pvr
cp: .libs/libvuplus.so: No such file or directory

EDIT: i edited the Makefile in xbmc-addon-vuplus/src/vuplus
Code:
[...]
XBMC_vuplus.pvr: libvuplus.la
    cp -f .libs/libvuplus.dylib XBMC_vuplus.pvr
    $(STRIP) -x XBMC_vuplus.pvr
[...]

and now should be working (i can't try the plugin now, i'm compiling pvr xbmc branch yet).
When you compile the plugin on osx, there isn't any libvuplus.so but it's libvuplus.dylib.

EDIT2: no, not working Sad
@ jdembski:

Can you please try to develop this to work with dreambox (enigma 1). There are a lot of users using SD boxes like the dm500s (and various clones) around here. This would really cheer up all of us.
This is the webif for enigma 1 protocols:
http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Webinterface_Befehle
Can you PLEASE (BIG PLEASE) give it a try?
THANKS
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217