MQ3 - How to add a new submenu to movies menu?
Is it possible to add a new submenu for example sets to menu movies, such as files and genres on the picture below?

http://www.marcosqui.com.br/miniaturas/h...hot003.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm also looking for a way to add a custom submenu to the "Movies" menu.

I love MQ3, but you should be able to customize the default menus. You can add your own menus, but not add a submenu to an existing default menu.

Aeon Nox has this feature, so i don't understand why it's not on MQ3. I asked it two times but this forum never gets any answer...

If someone knows a way to add a custom submenu (from my favorites) to the "movies" menu, even if i need to edit files or add lines of codes i would really like to know how to do it... i'm even willing to pay !!
I've also been trying to do that same, it would be nice to add custom submenus. It seems a lot of people would like to see this feature. I do hope that it will be a part of MQ4.

I did look at some of the XML files last night but got a little sidetracked, I'm gonna try to take another crack at it today (but I'm not the most experiences coder).

There is a thread on Customizing menu for the Transparency skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89678 So I'm sure its pretty much the same idea.
LivingRoom:ASUS EeeBox EB1021|Harmony900 Remote|Samsung 55" 3D LCD|AMD Dual-Core 1.6GHz RAM 2GB |Windows7|XBMC Frodo|ÆON MQ3
Bedroom:Pivos XIOS|Harmony650 Remote|Sony 42" Bravia|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
KidsPlayroom:Pivos XIOS| XIOS Remote |Toshiba 42"(w/ a nice big WII remote crack)|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
MediaStorage:DNS-325 NAS|3TB
Yay ! Got it working after playing with the XML files.... It's possible, just a bit hard, especially if you're not an expert in coding...
I've also got it working too!!
LivingRoom:ASUS EeeBox EB1021|Harmony900 Remote|Samsung 55" 3D LCD|AMD Dual-Core 1.6GHz RAM 2GB |Windows7|XBMC Frodo|ÆON MQ3
KidsPlayroom:Pivos XIOS| XIOS Remote |Toshiba 42"(w/ a nice big WII remote crack)|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
(2012-04-13, 05:21)anarchoi Wrote: Yay ! Got it working after playing with the XML files.... It's possible, just a bit hard, especially if you're not an expert in coding...

I am a beginner, you can explain me in detail how you did it? Where do I edit the XML files?
Thanks for your help.

File to edit is:
C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p\includes.xml

Basically you just need to edit the <onclick> action. Easiest way is to setup a favorite menu, then find the code of this favorite menu in includes.xml and copy the <onclick> action to the movies menu (you can just take an existing submenu of movies menu that you are not using, and change the onclick action, then go in XBMC and edit that submenu's title)

Not going to be easy if you have no coding skills.

Hopefully, i am an experienced web programmer so XML files are not unknown to me. I just wish someone would have pointed this file to me before.
Not sure how much you know about coding, but an xml file is just a text file; you can open it up in notepad. I like to use Notepad++ (its free), with it you can collapse tags.

Open up ....AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p\includes.xml.
Go to VIEW>FOLD ALL, this will collapse everything. Then just click on the + next to <INCLUDES>.
Now you can see all the comment tags.Scroll all the way to the bottom.

### Home Frodo/Eden Menu ### -is your Main pre-made menu options.
### Home Frodo/Eden SubMenu ### - is your Submenu pre-made menu options.
### Virtual SubMenu ### - custom Submenu options.
### Virtual Menu ### - custom menu options.

If you want to move pre-made Menus around, replace what is ever in <onclick>ActivateWindow(___________)</onclick>

Code:
<item id="6"><!-- movies -->
    <label fallback="31003">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies_Label)]</label>
    <include>MovieBackdrop</include>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
    <visible>!SubString(Skin.String(DisableMovies),true)</visible>
  </item>

If you want to change custom menus/submenu, name them in XBMC, thenopen up the guisettings.xml in ....AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\userdata

look close the bottom for something that looks like this:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq.3.CustomVPlaylist1_path">special://profile/playlists/video/kids movies.xsp</setting>

"CustomVPlaylist1_path" will be your tag that you replace in the <onclick> of includes.xml

....hope youre not too lost with all that.
Smile 
(2012-04-13, 19:08)anarchoi Wrote: File to edit is:
C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p\includes.xml

Basically you just need to edit the <onclick> action. Easiest way is to setup a favorite menu, then find the code of this favorite menu in includes.xml and copy the <onclick> action to the movies menu (you can just take an existing submenu of movies menu that you are not using, and change the onclick action, then go in XBMC and edit that submenu's title)

Not going to be easy if you have no coding skills.

Hopefully, i am an experienced web programmer so XML files are not unknown to me. I just wish someone would have pointed this file to me before.

Many thanks for your help

Even I didn't need to change, only I modified the submenu which I wanted to have in movies menu (movie sets) in the same way as submenus, which are on the menu movies:

Submenu before editing:

<!--MovieSets-->
<label fallback="31404">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesSets_Label)]</label>
<icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesSets_Background)]</icon>
<onclick>Skin.SetBool(moviesets)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/7/,return)</onclick>
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(6) + system.hasaddon(script.moviesets) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubMoviesSets),true)</visible>

Submenu, which I used as a model:

<!-- Title -->
<label fallback="31365">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesTitle_Label)]</label>
<icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesTitle_Background)]</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)</onclick>
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(6) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubMoviesTitle),true)</visible>

Submenu after editing:

<!--MovieSets-->
<label fallback="31404">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesSets_Label)]</label>
<icon fallback="-">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSubMoviesSets_Background)]</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,moviesets,return)</onclick>
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(6) + !SubString(Skin.String(DisableSubMoviesSets),true)</visible>

And now I enjoy the new submenus (movie sets) in the movies menu.
Thanks a lot again and I'm sorry for my English

There is a small problem. In the main menu everything is OK (submenu moviesets works), but when I want to do a little modification and enter the settings-skin-shortcuts/backdrops-movies there is no submenu moviesets (not added).

Where and what I have to edit that appeared in the "settings-skin-shortcuts/backdrops-movies" moviesets submenu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ3 - How to add a new submenu to movies menu?0