• 3(current)
New forum - Pros and Cons
Love the look, and feel!
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
(2012-03-12, 17:22)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 16:29)union1mc2 Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 14:58)Harro Wrote: I dunno if this goes here or not but I tried posting in a thread on the program addon section and got a response back saying that Askimet or something like that has decided that the post was spam and didn't post it.
Also took a looon time for that to show and it was not a spam post.

Same issue, but even worse! My account was banned because of this! I had to create a whole new account to even post this. Who can I contact to get my account restored? I'm a sad panda

Can you PM me your previous username please?

EDIT: Your account has been restored - thx for your patience as the kinks get worked out Smile

Sent you a pm.....account was/is still banned. Thanks

(2012-03-12, 17:39)da-anda Wrote: I'll have a look on how to better highlight unread posts.

That's easy. Just add font-weight: normal !important to the subject_old class.

well yes, but I like the titles to stand out a little - so I'll play with colors I think. If those look bad, I'll go the normal/bold way.
Everything bold isn't good, old way is perfect imo. But do as you think, I can mod it the way I want it (safari user css).
(2012-03-12, 17:55)union1mc2 Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 14:58)Harro Wrote: I dunno if this goes here or not but I tried posting in a thread on the program addon section and got a response back saying that Askimet or something like that has decided that the post was spam and didn't post it.

Same issue, but even worse! My account was banned because of this! I had to create a whole new account to even post this. Who can I contact to get my account restored? I'm a sad panda

EDIT: Your account has been restored - thx for your patience as the kinks get worked out Smile

Pls try again - you have been reactivated and appear in my member list okay.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Look&Feel so far is awesome, I like the style, the looks, the navigation - I really like the new forum up to this point - Job well done Smile

Only con for me:
When I am in the search interface and start my search I will get a message "Thank you for your search request (...)" and get taken to the results after a short while. Would it be possible to simply deactivate that screen? I want to be taken to the results immediatly Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I'm with ya Hitcher. I'm liking this new layout.
The coming forth of Eden, a new forum... Nod

[quote='Hitcher' pid='1043213' dateline='1331546803']
Yay, video posting at last
(2012-03-12, 18:18)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 17:55)union1mc2 Wrote:

Pls try again - you have been reactivated and appear in my member list okay.
Back in business. Thanks a lot. In other news, love the new look here.
Quick post to say, that i love the new look nothing to complain.

great job guys.
This is all great to hear! Some speed/response issues being worked on, but al-in-all project leader Da-anda did an amazing job, with help from TheUni and others. Kudos guys.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Although new forum is better in many ways, there are some things that I preferred with the old one:

-font was bigger
-it was easier to read. Not sure if it is font weight, size or contrast in combination with background
-I have replied to a post with quote. Afterwards it was impossible to post non-quoted reply to thread (maybe because I missed something)
-not sure I like nested quotes - see post 39 (union1mc)

EDIT: Just seen it and haven't tried it yet, but pull support is very useful addition! Many thanks for upgrades.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have to say that after several years spent here, pretty much trying to help others... seeing a negative reputation for two 2006 posts (which at the time were questionable in my opinion) and one 2009 post that doesn't even link to the right message, it's pretty disheartening. Too bad, it's ironic I noticed at my 2000th post.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Also really impressed by the new forum! It looks much cleaner, Congrats!

I have one question tho:

Is it possible to have the Time and Date of a post somewhere at the top of a post rather than the bottom?

Some long posts (eg. Skin Screenshoots ) mean you have to scroll past all the lovely eye candy before you know if a post is recent or not!!

Small problem I know, but any improvement is worth it!!

Anyway, thanks Da-anda!
The Capt.
Great job with the new forum. Will it support Tapatalk now?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New forum - Pros and Cons0