• 11(current)
New forum - Pros and Cons
(2012-03-22, 11:24)pecinko Wrote: Any chance for Forum Runner support as well? I find it better than tapatalk.
http://www.forumrunner.net/

sorry, but we're not going to support every forum reader app out there, because each of those addons is a security risk and messing directly with the DB instead of using myBB stuff. Instead we're working on implementing a mobile theme: http://www.mybbgm.com (improved and made look nicer ofc)

(2012-03-22, 11:24)pecinko Wrote: Any chance for Forum Runner support as well? I find it better than tapatalk.

http://www.forumrunner.net/

Forumrunner was bought by vBulletin (Internet Brands).
I'm sure they'll screw up Forumrunner like they did vB4.

I'd avoid it.
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
(2012-03-22, 15:14)da-anda Wrote: sorry, but we're not going to support every forum reader app out there, because each of those addons is a security risk and messing directly with the DB instead of using myBB stuff. Instead we're working on implementing a mobile theme: http://www.mybbgm.com (improved and made look nicer ofc)

Well, mobile theme would be, in fact, even better solution ! Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-20, 23:16)distracto Wrote: it would be nice if there was a way to ignore particular forums entirely. the old forum let me disable certain forums from showing up in search results. since i browse the forums via the "view new posts" link, i get a lot of returns from forums that dont concern me - particularly anything mac related or skins i dont use. helps keep things cleaner.

is this a possibility?
bumpity bump
Is there any visible difference between old and new posts?
(2012-05-21, 16:08)P.Kosunen Wrote: Is there any visible difference between old and new posts?

Yes all new posts should be in bold.

Also a quick tip for using the forum

- You can auto subscribe to threads that you post in. Its really helpful to keep track of topics that are replied to. Just go to your username in the top right >> control panel >> edit options >> default thread subscription mode >> no email notification. Then when you use the forums and want to check new replies just go to Username in top right >> subscribed threads.
One thing I've noticed that happens here and not other forums/sites is when going back your previous position isn't remembered and you always start at the top of the page.
Yes. It's annoying. I didn't think that it was like that in the beginning of this new forum....
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hitcher - works for me using FF Win. Browser issue?
Chrome here but this is the only site that does it.
Chrome here as well and I see the behavior that Hitcher mentions.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Would it be possible to shorten the minimum length of the search terms on the forum?

Currently the term must be 4-letters long, but I think that a lower number (probably 3-letters) would be better, and could help lessen the need to repeat answers. There are lots of 3-letter words that it'd be useful to be able to search for in relation to XBMC - e.g. arm, atv, ios, bbc, 4od, afp, smb, nfs... the list goes on!

An example that I am thinking of (and one I have just come across now) where this would be useful is where someone wants to know why an addon isn't working on a particular platform (e.g. iOS, OSX). The natural thing to do to find that information would be to search the addon thread with the name that denotes the platform, but if that name is only 3-letters long, you can't search for it. That's just one example, I'm sure that there are dozens of other examples where it would be helpful to be able to search for 3-letter words.

Would it be possible to change this?
Hi - I just checked the settings, and minimun search word length is currently 3 - strange that the search itself tells it would be 4. Need to check that
Da-anda

how can I move the single post to a new thread? This was easy with older forum and earlier it was working in new one, IIRC.

As an example - user post about skin MOD specific stuff in skin general support thread and I want to move it to a dedicated thread to avoid "spamming" most of the users with specific questions they are not interested in reading.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

"Inline Post Moderation:" -> "Split Posts"?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New forum - Pros and Cons0