moving my library to new HDD
I give up. I just uninstalled everything, reinstalled XBMC and started rebuilding EVERYTHING from scratch. Going to take me 1 week again to add all of my 10,000 movies/tvshows but oh well -_- Next time i get a bug like that i give up forever with XBMC.

I'll let my topic open if anyone finds a solution, because i will probably get this problem again in the future...

For now i guess i am just going to configure sheduled automatic daily backup of the XBMC folders since this thing is so unstable. Beside the program files folder and the Application Data folder in "Roaming", is there anything else i need to backup ?
No, that's all you need to backup. And sorry to hear about your troubles, but it's not becase it's "so unstable", it's because you jumped the gun on doing it without knowing how. There are several ways to do what you've described, wiki pages, forum threads and of course, you're not the first person to do it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Well i spent the last 2 days adding my movies AGAIN to the library, and now i'm getting a similar bug again.

The movies informations are displayed only when using the "wall" view mode. If i try to use "stripshow" or any other mode, only the fanarts and cover images are displayed. The synopsis and other informations aren't working in stripshow mode : the scrolling information panel is just empty.

I tryed rescanning manually and automatically, and even tryed renaming folder, deleting and re-adding it, etc...
(2012-03-24, 04:14)anarchoi Wrote: I'm definatly not a computer newbie and after 3 re-install and MANY problems, i can say for sure that this program is buggy and unstable. I can't believe i spent all this money to get a computer with nyxboard and XBMC only to get all this trouble. And so far, support wasn't helpful, even when offering to pay...

so you now you want a refund?

And let me tell YOU that for SURE there are thousands and thousands of users that have no issue adding their libraries (including me)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No, i want SUPPORT, what exactly do i need to do to get it ?

Quote:And let me tell YOU that for SURE there are thousands and thousands of users that have no issue adding their libraries (including me)
Cool, but that doesn't help me.
(2012-03-24, 04:14)anarchoi Wrote: Well i spent the last 2 days adding my movies AGAIN to the library, and now i'm getting a similar bug again.

The movies informations are displayed only when using the "wall" view mode. If i try to use "stripshow" or any other mode, only the fanarts and cover images are displayed. The synopsis and other informations aren't working in stripshow mode : the scrolling information panel is just empty.

I tryed rescanning manually and automatically, and even tryed renaming folder, deleting and re-adding it, etc...

more details:

here's the "wall view", it's working:

but when i switch to stripshow, it isn't working anymore:
What exactly would you like us to help you with? You blew out the backup, right?

It's Friday night, the wife's looking pretty good, I'd like to relax, maybe write a little code or listen to some tunes. But someone borked something well documented and not so difficult to do, so I'll hang out here for free and watch a great free product get trashed. Wah wah.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Well to start, i'd like to know why this is working in wall view mode:

but when i switch to stripshow, it isn't working anymore:

and how i can fix that.

i want one folder in wall view and the other folder in stripshow mode, this is possible right ?

And i don't have a backup since i didn't even finish rebuilding my library and i'm already having problem. I would appreciate to get help on this issue please ! I really want to get XBMC to work, this is frustrating when i have problem but i love XBMC.
Is all your info there in Confluence - the default skin?
Yes, i just switched back to confluence and everything seems to be working, but not in Aeon Nox... weird
Then very politely show those pics in the Aeon Nox thread and I'm sure you'll receiver some answers there. If Aeon Nox is not up-to-date yet for Eden or if there's a bug with it right now, that's up to the skin creator if its active. If not there are many choices.
Ok thanks you, at least now i think i know where the problem comes from. I thought it was a problem with scrapping

I'm sorry for my other post (i wanted to delete it but couldn't so i edited it but you had already replied). I was just frustrated because i wasted many hours rebuilding my library ! But i really love this project (especially the opensource spirit behind it) and appreciate the support given in this community. I'll be donating money for sure once i get everything running.
Everything works in transparency...and it looks amazing too
Just download & installed Transparency... I have a preference for Aeon but Transparency looks very good... And you're right, everything is working fine. I don't have the same problem anymore ! This was definatly a skin-related problem.

I noticed that Aeon MQ3 is not in the official add-ons of XBMC. But Aeon-Nox is ! Does that means that MQ3 is even more unstable than MQ3 ? I'm not sure if I should I trying MQ3 with latest Eden build, or stick with transparency
try it and see...its just a skin

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving my library to new HDD0