xbmcbuntu and win 7 Mysql
apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I dont know if my problem is the host (win 7) or the clients (xbmc on ubuntu, XBMCbuntu, openelec or ATV2 - yes I have them all).

I have set up mysql and it appears to work on all of them, the only problem is that nothing other than win 7 can actually play the movie, all the other os say "movie no longer available.......".

I would like to know can ubuntu use a win 7 host Mysql? and if it can is there anything obvious I need change? froom the advancedsettings that I have copied and pasted on all machines? namely:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.***.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
Sounds like you might not have the same sources setup on all of your machines, are you using local sources on the windows machines?

Enable debug logging on one of the machines it doesn't work on, try playing a file and then upload the log to pastebin or similar - should highlight the issue.
I had set any sources up in any machine except the main one as that was the only one I wanted to update?

The sources I was using on the main pc were smb://192.168.1.141/movies/action/.....

I cant run it on the xbmcbuntu right now cause I got so impatient I started to load win 7.... have stopped again and am reloading xbmcbuntu.... so before I try again and send the logs, I just want to know can the XBMCBuntu and ATV2 both sync to a win 7 machine and play fine?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu and win 7 Mysql0