Hardware for my XBMCbuntu
Hello I am new to the forum. I have being reading upon many topic, but i need verification on some details.
today I have.
[Ubuntu Server] that takes care of all files, databases(mysql), torrent and so on.
[XBMCbuntu] intel G850 on asus-p8h67-m-pro this unit I use for the TV room and it is hidden behind the wall. I use my Android(desire s) telephone to control it or my laptop whit a web interfere. As you can imagining this is not optimal i need a better way to control this unit. !!!
[Office PC Win 7]rip and other office stuff.
[laptop HP ubuntu 12.04] use for work and stuff.
[laptop Dell xpc 13 Win 7] wife work.

so now i want to expand may systems and add this units.

[MythTV backend Old computer] whit a Hauppauge Wintv HVR 5500 HD is this a good idea?

[2*XBMCbuntu] for my kids/master bed room. I am not able to hide this units. So my criteria is mini-ITX low power components and a way to control it (I do not need a BD drive all film's I rip in my office unit and TV is not 3D).
I have looked at:
eskro's
[Mini-ITX] Pentium-G620 (2x2.6Ghz) + GT210
or
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
is this something to go for or is there a setup that is better suited for my needs?
Another A6-3500 variation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132688

I would not go GT210 but GT520. And, if you went with the G620 and you could step down to the G530 and see no performance difference for XBMC but save $15.
(2012-07-10, 04:24)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Another A6-3500 variation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132688

I would not go GT210 but GT520. And, if you went with the G620 and you could step down to the G530 and see no performance difference for XBMC but save $15.

I agree with everything posted here. But you may also be able to get away with just the CPU. I've seen several posted stating the G530 is powerful enough for 1080p decoding. If that turns out not to be true or require more meddling than you are comfortable with then you can always add the GT520 after the fact. That's what I plan on doing as I am assembling a similar HTPC over the next few weeks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware for my XBMCbuntu 0