RC6 Remote
hey guys,

i currently own: http://www.acowin.com.hk/product535.html

and was wondering what would be the easiest way to re-program a button on it to open the info menu when i hit the i button or open the shutdown menu when pressing the clear button or any unassigned button.

I have downloaded the mceremote addon and didnt do anything even after configuring it.

i have edited the keyboard and remote xml files with no avail...

i have tried to google the problems and there has been no clear answer all to do with hex codes and that sort of crap!!!

btw im running xbmc dharma on windows 7
MCERemote should be able to configure that remote because it uses the eHome driver. Unless you use MCERemote or EliteGamer360's scripts the remote won't work without helper software. Go into MCERemote and select Apply current settings to remote then OK it (for now don't change the config) and restart Windows. Then use Showkey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ to see what the i button is sending.

JR
You say to apply current settings.

Where is that? I'm my addon settings I have configure, uninstall

Also if I just change say number 1 to s will that open the shutdown menu? Or do I need a special command to open the shutdown menu.

I didn't mention in my initial post that I am using aeon flux skin

From the Home window choose Programs (I use Confluence but I assume Aeon is similar). You'll get a list of prograns, one of which is MCERemote. Arrow down to MCERemote and press Enter or the OK button on your remote and you'll get a list of options. Arrow down to "Apply current settings" and press Enter/OK.

JR
i was playing aroung with it last night and i found out that the remote is using keyboard.xml not remote.xml.

what i did was rename all the remote and keyboard xml files and opened xbmc and i only had mouse...

then i closed xbmc and changed the files back 1 by 1 until i got keyboard and remote back and it was the keyboard.xml file in c:\program files\xbmc\usderdata i think

i will try opening the programs section and applying current settings, will just have to add a programs menu to my home screen.

will post the outcome.

appreciate it jhsrennie
just to let you know that all went well last night....

i applied the settings and got my s and i buttons.

but i did lose the ability to open xbmc be pressing the green windows button. I changed the keyboard shortcut on how to open xbmc and all fixed.

i really appreciate you replying to my thread... alot better than other forums i am a member of!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC6 Remote0