Movie scrapping problem
Guys i have a problem on movie scraping. My movie setup is like this

>Ironman collection
>Ironman1.mkv
>Ironman1.srt
>Ironman2.mkv
>Ironman2.srt

but once scrapping done, on movie it shows both movie as Ironman.

2. i have about 120movies on the HDD but after scrapping i only able to see half of the movies on the Movie menu. movies like transformers collection all cannot be seen.

3. some of the movie doesnt get box art (thumbart) insteed got the movie screen shot.
i have use IMDB / RottenTomato / MovieDB as movie scrapper.

where is my mistake. pls enlight me.

Thanks

note: im a mediaportal user also these movies are perfectly match on Moving Pictures . how can i make it work in XBMC ?

With that setup make sure you have "Scan recursively" enabled and "Movies in separate folders named after the movie title" disabled.

And, ofcourse, use tmdb.

If it doesn't work for a particular movie, then grab a Debug Log while doing context menu->movie information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Bro,

Thanks for the tips and now most of my movies are detected , but some havent ( maybe due to the name of the downloaded movies ) like my Dead Space 2 Aftermath the file name is like this " dsa.2011.720p.bluray-7sins " this not detect on the listing . anyway to fix this other then renaming the file?

the movie transformer collection i have 3 file Transformer 1.mkv , Transforme 2.mkv , Transformer 3.mkv but on listing all movies shown as Transformer Dark of moon. how to fix this also.

Thanks
Add an nfo file if you don't want to rename. Same thing with transformers. The movie name is not Transformers 1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You can also manually refresh the info if you don't want to rename or name .nfo files. Bring up the contextual menu on the incorrect movies and select info (or just press "i"), then press refresh. You should be given additional options, plus be given the option to do a manual search for the title.
thanks guys

i will give a try later.
but for nfo.

what should i write into nfo file?
Why don't you just place all the movies in one folder, or one folder for each movie?

I use mkvmerge to merge subtitles, audios, etc, and remove what I don't want from a file (eg Russian audio in Charlie Chaplin's movies), but that's not necessary.

For example, I do the following:

>Movies
>>Gone with the wind (1939) BluRay.mkv
>>Grave of Fireflies (1988) DVDRip.mkv
>>Hannibal (2001) BluRay.mkv
>>Hannibal Rising (2007) BluRay.mkv
>>Highlander (1986) BluRay.mkv

And I have 0 problems in movie scraping and collection detection and display...
It's important to say that by having the year of the movie in the filename, the scraper can identify the correct movie if there are two versions of it, as with Sabrina, for example.

There's a version with Audrey Hepburn, which I have, and it identify it correctly too.

EXCETP for one movie: Tremors

For some weird reason, I have the following:

>Movies
>>Tremors (1990) BluRay.mkv
>>Tremors 2 - Aftershocks (1996) DVDRip.mkv
>>Tremors 3 - Back to Perfection (2001) DVDRip.mkv
>>Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins (2004) DVDRip.mkv

And xbmc displays

>Tremors
>Tremors Collection
>> Tremors 2 - Aftershocks
>> Tremors 3 - Back to Perfection
>> Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins

And in TMDB, the collection seems to be ok...
thanks andrebrait , i duno why, but i practice to put all each movies in different folder. work great with mediaportal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scrapping problem 0