XBMC won't stay maximized at startup
Hey,

I'm running Windows 7 on an HTPC and I want XBMC to load in fullscreen at startup. So, I've put a shortcut in the "Startup" folder at told it to Run "Maximized". Problem is, it'll start up fine, then two seconds later it minimizes!

It's not that it won't work after that, it just doesn't stay maximized right away which makes my HTPC experience that much less "crisp and clean". I'm not looking for any complicated 'shell' solutions or advice to run XBMC live, I just want to run this very simple solution but have it STAY MAXIMIZED!

any suggestions guys?

cheers
This is because other system processes at startup are taking away the focus from XBMC. Add a delay to your start up shortcut with the "-d" parameter (i.e. "-d 30" for 30 seconds). I have a 60 second delay on mine and it works just fine. Others use something as short as 5-10 seconds.
Unless you've done a nice clean Windows install most PCs have lots of crap running at startup. Typically you'll see lots of icons in the tray (the area down near the time). The best option is stop anything else from running, apart from essentials like the AV. Best of all is to reach for the Windows 7 DVD and do a nice clean new install.

kazibole's suggestion works because it delays XBMC's startup untill all the junk in the tray has finished initialising. But this is just putting a sticking plaster over the wound!

JR
Hey,

Yeah, i figured as much... been playing around, removing things from starting up at boot but there where a few things i needed, so this delay thing is perfect. Solved my shit!

thanx buddy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't stay maximized at startup0