Disable screensaver during music playback
(2015-08-12, 12:13)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 01:16)grendizer Wrote: I would be interested by a solution too.
One should be able to choose after how many minutes the screensaver replaces the photos displayed by the "Artist Slideshow" plugin...
Does this depend on Kodi or on the "Artist Slideshow" plugin?

In my skin I wanted the screeensaver available everywhere but when playing music fullscreen so I added an option to hide the visualization behind the fanart and then you just enable the Kodi "Use visualization if playing audio" setting and the screensaver should never activate.

Where exactly is the setting to hide the visualization behind the fanart? I can't seem to find this setting.
(2015-08-16, 13:27)gcdlz Wrote: Where exactly is the setting to hide the visualization behind the fanart? I can't seem to find this setting.

Open the player controls when playing music fullscreen and select the settings icon all the way to the right.
watch gallery
(2015-08-16, 14:54)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 13:27)gcdlz Wrote: Where exactly is the setting to hide the visualization behind the fanart? I can't seem to find this setting.

Open the player controls when playing music fullscreen and select the settings icon all the way to the right.
watch gallery

Thanks that did it!
Mikesilvo, thanks for the answer! I'm gonna install your skin soon.

Your solution is nice but I see 2 problems with it:
- Your skin is probably the only one having this option to hide the visualization under the artist slideshow. So everyone with this problem has to use this and only this skin. I'm not saying the skin is bad, just that the skin choice is limited by this problem.
- Why running the music visualization if it is not visible? It uses the processor for nothing.
But as it is the only way to use Artist slideshow properly, I'll go for it now.

I was thinking, all this trouble comes from the fact Artist Slideshow is NOT a visualization... Not? Perhaps I'll ask the developper about that.
(2015-08-22, 00:39)grendizer Wrote: Mikesilvo, thanks for the answer! I'm gonna install your skin soon.

Your solution is nice but I see 2 problems with it:
- Your skin is probably the only one having this option to hide the visualisation under the artist slideshow.So everyone with this problem must use this and only this skin.
- Why running the music visualisation if it is not visible? It uses the processor for nothing.
But as it is the only way to use Artist slideshow properly, I'll do it for now.

I was thinking, all this trouble comes from the fact that Artist Slideshow is NOT a visualisation... Not? perhaps I'll ask the developper about that.

I asked the developer way back when and never received a response.

The only way I found a solution was to run the visualization but hide it when the setting is active. This "hack" does use the processor power which is necessary and why I recommend using waveform cause I am pretty sure that it uses the least out of all the visualizations.

I have no problem with everyone needing to use my skin Tongue
Thanks Mike I 'm using your skin now and it's working. Smile
Any option like this in Aeon MQ 6?

Would be nice if we could get an option in Kodi so these hacks weren't necessary.
/ OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3 / Kodi 17 RC / FireTV Stick /

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable screensaver during music playback1