VDR + XVDR + channel tuning on reboot

Hey All,

I am running openelec from mcpc for VDR. 1.7.24. it seems to work ok other than epg population. I have rebuilt the system ran new RG6 to the diseq and still have this issue.

I have signal and strength of over 95% for both but everytime I reboot xvdr will time out trying to tune specific transponders. I am running hts on my other machine and it fast but a pita to setup channel mapping manually.

after 15 minutes or so of tuning a channel before and after the channel that stays black it will finally tune. This happens on probably 60% of all channels. after 30 Minutes most of them will tune but still not all. It only seems to happen with xvdr to give some history I have tried this on

pulse-eight
openelec pvr
lucid minimal with yavdr ppa
lucid minimal with e-tobi
natty as above

and more compiling xvdr from git for the full installs.

I have a new dvb-s card coming and I just installed a new dish and repointed on the weekend with 2 new diseqc switches. I have set my diseqc several different ways still the problem is the same.

The log well it says.

frontend timed out trying to tune. this channel has tunes before and the ecm should be in the cache.

thx,

D.
Have you tried with VNSI? Does it work?
I tried vnsi on the latest pvr install script from pulse eight on a minimal 10.04 install with the yavdr stable repos and when I tried to enable the pvr with vnsi it would just crash xbmc. I will have to check but I do not think vnsi installed as a plugin with mcpc openelec vdr version.

Do you have a current git for vnsi.

Thanks,

Dave
[/align]
VNSI addon is included in XBMC PVR. The source of the required vdr plugin is included in pvr source tree:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...vnsiserver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR + XVDR + channel tuning on reboot0