ID3TAGS and FLAC
HI,

I am trying to get a Top 4000 (various) music folder in my music library. The problem is: the music files are visible in my library, but when I filter on "year", only one year (for exaple 1975) is shown, while the years vary from 1960 to 2011. I use FLAC files.

Another Top 1600 rocksongs (various) FLAC files are shown right in my music library, I can use the "year" filter and all the files of that year are shown.

What could be the reason AND how to prefend it.

I'm using XBMC windows 7, 32 bit.

Please help
I use FLACs and XBMC reads the year tag as expected. I would check the tagging of the FLACs in your top 4000 folder. I appreciate that checking them all would be an ordeal, but you could try using something like MP3Tag to rewite the tags in a dozen or so tracks then rescan and see if they now have the correct year.

JR
It's odd - there are two db fields for year, and they seldom match, but agreed mp3tag alters the one read by XBMC.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ID3TAGS and FLAC0