Confluence Eden (Add Genre Icons)
Is he? Didn't read that from his posts, sorry.

He said he was using vanilla Confluence and other modded Confluence skins, of course it is possible that yours was one of them.
I saw it from the directory where he put the images Wink
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Ok, so now i finally got the genre icons displayed in confluence mod (showcase view) !

2 additional questions:

1/ what if i want to edit the movie genres myself (i saw in some screenshots and also from the fanart published that there were many more genres than those available by default - i'm not talking about editing the movie metadata, but rather the list of genres available by default in the xbmc interface).

Is there a way to edit those in library mode (modify the existing or adding custom genres) ? Or do i need to work with smart playlists ? (i started to work with a folder structure by genres, but it is not recognized in library mode, only in file mode)

2/ is there a way in this skin to have the genre icons displayed in another view (like thumbnails --> I'm assuming that adding .tbn files to the moviegenre folder is not enough...)

thx again
or attempting to reply on my own question 1/ = are the movie genres displayed in XBMC built upon the genres from the movies metadata and captured as much in the library?

if this is the case, then i would be able by editing the .nfo files to reference only the genres that i would like to appear in the interface

question 2 would remain tough: adapting the genre icons in another view
Yep, XBMC gets the genre from the metadata...editing the nfo is one possibility...
Also there is a library editor in my skin folder/plugins...you might copy this into the addons directory for your xbmc
and open the tool from movie-info-dialog to edit the genre...

q2:
You can change other views of course...
You need to add the images for container.content(genres)...
Take a look here to see how to do it:
https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...cbc8f7168d

cheers,
mad-max
Hello Mad Max,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Does this mean that i need to edit the xml file corresponding to view video thumbnails (don't know the file reference though but i'm assuming that you do Wink ) and copy/paste the code from your 'ViewVideoShowcase.xml ' in it??

I'm not very familiar, nor comfortable with all that xml editing as you can see...

Would i need to publish the genre icons in the same path "moviegenre" and in the same format (.jpg) or .tbn ??

Cheers and many thx for your help so far

Keon

You need to edit ViewVideoLibrary.xml
The destination of the artwork files will be the same...
You need a new Content(Genre) and focusedlayout for it...

Ping me if you have troubles...
Do you mean that i need to create a layout??
I don't believe that i have the required skills for doing that...
I meant the focusedlayout and itemlayout tags in the skin...
Let's see what I can do for you Big Grin

Might take a few days, though...

mad-max
Well, thanks in advance for your help! Much appreciated Smile

Take your time, I'm not in a hurry as I will not be able to test it before a couple of weeks anyway

Sorry, I still don't understand what change in original confluence skin to get custom fanart and icon for movie genre.
Thanks for explanation what to edit.

Alda
Sorry to join late. I've been wanting to have fanart control at genre level. If I understand this thread correctly it has to be the mad-max confluence mod/the showcase view/the videoshowcase.xml placed in the 720p folder? I am using confluence unmodded and already have genre folders and I want them to stay as they are. I quite like thumbnail view and want that to stay also. Can I assume I am wasting my time following this thread? I mean how hard can it be? I had a 5 year old DVICO m6500 that could display fanart at genre level, in fact at any level
(2012-08-26, 16:34)pan2 Wrote: Sorry to join late. I've been wanting to have fanart control at genre level. If I understand this thread correctly it has to be the mad-max confluence mod/the showcase view/the videoshowcase.xml placed in the 720p folder?
That is the option in my MOD that you can adapt...

(2012-08-26, 16:34)pan2 Wrote: Can I assume I am wasting my time following this thread? I mean how hard can it be? I had a 5 year old DVICO m6500 that could display fanart at genre level, in fact at any level
I already showed how you can implement the genre support for the skin...
See here at github:
https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...cbc8f7168d

Yes, I saw that xml and created a folder inside the media folder, put genre fanart in there making sure that the names of the jpg's coincided with the names of my genre folders, placed a new xml in the 720p folder of my confluence skin (ViewVideoShowcase.xml), but nothing happened Sad Are you only referring to your Confluence Mod? The thing is, as I mentioned, i'm using the ordinary confluence.
The link I provided is from my MOD, yes...
But it wasn't meant to be ready to use...

It shows the way how YOU can make the needed changes for default confluence...
You just need to take a look at the code!!!

mad-max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Eden (Add Genre Icons)2