Advice on multiple users (adults/kids)
Hi all!
i'm helping my girlfriend set up XBMC this evening & was wondering what the best/easiest way to set it up for two accounts for her & the kids. basically looking for the most simple file structure. for the 'adult' version - it'll be all the content, for the kids user, it'll just be the kids stuff. (just tv & movies, no music/pictures)

i was thinking this file structure:

<Movies>
-----all non kid movies
-----<Kids Movies> (subdir under 'Movies')
---------------all kids movies in here

<Television>
-----all non kid TV
-----<Kids TV> (subdir under 'Television')
----------------all kids TV shows in here

So for her 'main' account - it would point to the two top level folders (which would get the content in the kids folders), then the kids account would just point to the 'kids' folders.

thoughts? first time trying to set up multi users on a system, so bear with me...
Have you had a look at profiles - they should do pretty much everything you want; limiting access to specific content, locking views, etc...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profiles
I Have folders

Films
Kids Films
TV
Kids TV

These are added as individual sources in xbmc.

I have master mode enabled and have set numeric pass codes on the adult sources.

This means by default only kids stuff shows up in the tv and movie library and you can unlock sources to make adults stuff appear as well from within the library. I tried profiles but prefer this method.

I think you need profiles if you want to get either adults on their own or kids on their own.
(2012-03-14, 16:21)bilbonvidia Wrote: I Have folders

Films
Kids Films
TV
Kids TV

These are added as individual sources in xbmc.

I have master mode enabled and have set numeric pass codes on the adult sources.

This means by default only kids stuff shows up in the tv and movie library and you can unlock sources to make adults stuff appear as well from within the library. I tried profiles but prefer this method.

I think you need profiles if you want to get either adults on their own or kids on their own.

makes sense, that was my other thought, i just hate reorganizing after the fact because i'm reeeeally lazy Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on multiple users (adults/kids)0