Win Apple Tv Remote w/ Windows?
I can't seem to find anything that could help me get the Apple Tv Second Generation Remote working with Windows. I think it's a beautifully designed remote, sleek and slim. I'm looking for ways to do this before I actually buy the remote and end up wasting my money.

Anyone ever do this? Or know someone that has this setup?

Thanks!
It's really easy, just make sure your using a skin that's really easy to control... like Xeebo. Basically what you will need to do is download iTunes from the apple website. Make sure you get the 64 bit version if your using a 64 bit version of Windows, or the 32 bit version if your using the 32 bit version of Windows. Next you should launch the .exe and begin install, you could just open the command window write a run command along with the location of the install file. Make sure you read the full terms and conditions and click install. Once installation has finished restart your computer twice. On the second reboot make sure all programs (including explorer) are closed. Now you should have itunes working and ready to run. Run it normally (you will only need to do this once), and get your remote ready in hand. On the side you will notice a side menu, navigate like you would normally and click iTunes store. The iTunes store should load automatically, if it doesn't go back to step 2. Now here's the hard part, in the search bar (located in the top right hand corner) type 'Chris Brown' and press return. The search results should display all of his albums and singles, just ignore any music videos, movies, podcasts or tv shows. Find his 2012 album F.A.M.E. (you could also select any single's post Rihanna). Purchase track 10 and launch XBMC. It might lag a bit at first but you should be able to navigate now. If the lag continues reboot your computer twice again.
check FLiRC.TV and you'll see
this would be a overly complicated task. It would involve getting an apple remote, and a ir reciever that can understand it. This would take some research. Making sure the ir receiver is windows 7 compatible. You would then have to use event ghost to map the button. I think Eskro had the best solution. Flirc might be the easiest way to do it. These 2 together would be like 45 dollars. Mabye you should look into something like the boxee remote. Its really similar and natively supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Tv Remote w/ Windows? 0