• 1(current)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG
Well, with a lot of work from a lot of people here we go, a TVC Plugin for XBMC with EPG integration.

Okay, to keep things a bit simpler I've managed to setup the TVCatchup Official Repository. You can download the zip from here

Thanks must go to Tommy aka twinter for his original TV Guide plugin that made this possible, Sean aka spoyser for all his help with the code and Arkane for all the shiny new logos done especially for this Smile

Instructions.

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to upgrade your XBMC build to one of the Eden builds.

1. Download the zip file from above and install using the "Install from zip" option by going to system > Add-ons > install from zip file. (Please note, once installed it will appear in the "Programs" section of XBMC, not Video).

2. Once you've installed the plugin, go into the "Programs" section of XBMC and go down to TVCatchup, but don't open it yet, instead press C and choose "Addon Settings"

The first tab can be ignored (although it allows you clear the cache and control notifications. These may well be removed in future releases). You need the TVCatchup Settings Tab.

3. Enter your Username and Password in the relevant boxes and choose the Quality of the stream you want to use.

4. Now if you don't want all of the channels available to be listed, then click on the TVCatchup Channels Tab and just untick the ones you don't want.

5. Click on OK and you should be ready to go.

The first time you open the plugin it MAY take a couple of minutes as it loads all the new Guide Data.
Once loaded though, you move around the guide using the Direction Keys and use Page UP/Page DOWN to move through the pages.

If you select a program in green, it will open the stream for you, but if you select a program in the future the plugin will ask you if you want to set a reminder.

Enjoy, and please post in THIS thread if you have any issues.

If you're having issues and using an ATV this may help.
hi there .ihave just installed this .i allready had tv catchup up and running. however this plugin with the epg not working for me .loads and sets up fine
but says no epg data availible . if i press enter i get a box come up with this message............

HOUSTEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM#ERROR #4001

please help wme with this one someone
thank you
Had a play around with this last night. When it works, it's great! Really good work. It's very nice to have a proper EPG. The thing is, it was a bit... Crashy! The majority of times it crashed while the EPG was loading. Sorry, I don't have any logs to help you out at the moment, but can probably upload a couple at the weekend.

I was testing it on the AppleTV2, running Eden beta 3. Another problem I found was that there did not seem to be a way to exit the script using the Apple remote. The button I normally would've expected to serve this function is the "menu" button (which normally serves the 'back' function in XBMC). When I pressed this button it just brought up the context menu (program reminders etc).

Thanks for your work on this feature. It's a great addition to the Addon
Thanks dj gerbil, exactly what I wanted
Hi

This looks excellent.

Only issue I have is that there is no option to return to XBMC homepage after using. I have to end process and reopen xbmc but I'm guessing it should be easily fixed.
(2012-03-15, 16:21)rossglass Wrote: Only issue I have is that there is no option to return to XBMC homepage after using. I have to end process and reopen xbmc but I'm guessing it should be easily fixed.

what platform are you using? see the post above:
(2012-03-15, 12:50)procrastinator Wrote: I was testing it on the AppleTV2, running Eden beta 3. Another problem I found was that there did not seem to be a way to exit the script using the Apple remote.

for me it works perfectly, i just hit back and i'm out, but i'm on ubuntu 11.04 with eden beta 3.... have you tried pressing ESC on the keyboard? then will know if its a remote specific problem as i use a generic MCE remote
(2012-03-15, 01:08)plendil Wrote: hi there .ihave just installed this .i allready had tv catchup up and running. however this plugin with the epg not working for me .loads and sets up fine
but says no epg data availible . if i press enter i get a box come up with this message............

thank you

4001 is username problem Smile Check your settings, also, from within the settings, try doing "Clear Cache" followed by "Update Cache"
(2012-03-15, 16:21)rossglass Wrote: Hi

This looks excellent.

Only issue I have is that there is no option to return to XBMC homepage after using. I have to end process and reopen xbmc but I'm guessing it should be easily fixed.

Do you not have a Back key?? That works on my system Smile
(2012-03-15, 20:48)dj_gerbil Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 01:08)plendil Wrote: hi there .ihave just installed this .i allready had tv catchup up and running. however this plugin with the epg not working for me .loads and sets up fine

thank you

4001 is username problem Smile Check your settings, also, from within the settings, try doing "Clear Cache" followed by "Update Cache"
(2012-03-15, 16:21)rossglass Wrote: Hi

This looks excellent.

Do you not have a Back key?? That works on my system Smile

Yes, had a play around with it and rather than esc key it works with backspace. ta
Hey dj,

This works great with my setup, key configuration is perfect and works great with my remote so far. Big thumbs up!

It seems very stable and is proving to be very useful I deed, saves me using the iPad as a tv guide! Fantastic.

I do have one very minor and very personal gripe, many will disagree and it's impossible to please all... Buuuuuuut Smile .... I'm not a fan of the colour scheme. It seems like there are colours everywhere. Any chance of simplified colour schemes being offered.

I personally use refocus which is all blue and very simple, perhaps the ability to let uses pick from a few colour schemes if possible would be great, as I'd just like it all simplified a tad and in blue to fit with my setup Smile

Again, please don't think this is a complaint, just a minor gripe that I wish I could change the colour scheme... If you ever have a chance to add colour schemes into the plugin, fantastic. If not, don't worry as you've already done an incredible job.

Thanks again,
Pat~
Hi
Great plugin, was working ok yesterday, but am now getting no epg data error.
I have cleared the guide data and updated, but still get the error.

Found this in my debug log:

11:36:22 T:2961144720 NOTICE: [script.tvcatchup] 001/052 - bbc1.bbc.co.uk ... eta 13.46s
11:36:22 T:2961144720 NOTICE: [script.tvcatchup] fetch http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/92.dat ...
11:36:22 T:2961144720 NOTICE: [script.tvcatchup] ERROR: attribute of type 'NoneType' is not callable
11:36:22 T:2961144720 NOTICE: [script.tvcatchup] data download failed...

Thought the RT site might be down but have dowloaded data using XMLTV GUI

Thanks
Neil

There's a bug in the Listing (not the plugin lol) that's throwing up an error, we're working on a fix but both Sean and I out busy with our respective jobs atm to it will probably be this evening, sorry Sad

Edit: I've sorted out a fix, and uploaded it. Download the new version from here I've also updated the opening post.
Working now

Many thanks
I'm still getting the program guide error on 2.02
You need to go into user_data\script.tvcatchup and remove the data.xml or go into settings and choose "Update Guide" Smile
Hi thanks and nice work but for one key feature for me, having to use the keyboard on a mouse and keyboard setup.
Everything seems to be running fine on my Windows 7 64 bit Eden rc2 setup, but having to use the keyboard to manually scroll through the channels and to exit the addon is a pain, when your bug fixing is out of the way is there any chance of adding support for a mouse scroll wheel to move up and down and an onscreen icon to exit the program please?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com 2.0 with EPG3